Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics
I'm sorry to have to 'rain on your parade' here but I breed, incubate, and sell Barred Rocks and I'm very good at sexing
them at two-three days of age as that is when the people who have 'pre-ordered' from me come by to pick them up.

Most of the folks who have purchased my birds recontact me and have verified that my sexing of their chicks was accurate.

Of course, there is no guarantee at that age, and that's what I say in my advertising but from 'experience' I've gotten
pretty good at it.

I believe from what I can see in the photos that all of the birds pictured are males.  My birds are all descended from my Meyer Hatchery stock but the overall darker black color in the females vs. the kind of smoky dark grey of the males and the much darker 'wash' on the front of the legs on the females with the black stopping abruptly at the toes in the females vs. the lighter grey going all the way into the toes of the male or absent wash on the males legs.

Also, female birds generally have a much smaller and more well defined white spot on their heads whereas the males have a more diffuse blotch of white on the head that, continues down the back of the neck and around the sides as well.

I have no clue how to ask question to the right person. Trying to ask mtnviewfarms to look at pics of our new chicks to see if you can sex for us. We are told our black ones are barred rocks.

[/IMG]

i know that this is for barred rocks but my cukko pekins are really easy to sex and i wamt to share it
this is pilchard a boy notice the yellow comb and white dot on the head

and this is lofty a girl notice the lack of colour

Thoughts on these please? First two are Chick 1 and next two are Chick 2. Supposed to both be hatchery pullets from farm store. Thanks!!

Any thoughts? Hoping for a pullet of course. She my son's little baby...just a little over 4 weeks. She feathered quickly, but that comb came on pretty quick..and she's just a little lighter than my other BR... but not much.

Thoughts on these please? First two are Chick 1 and next two are Chick 2. Supposed to both be hatchery pullets from farm store. Thanks!!

Any thoughts? Hoping for a pullet of course. She my son's little baby...just a little over 4 weeks. She feathered quickly, but that comb came on pretty quick..and she's just a little lighter than my other BR... but not much.

yoo soon to know for sure, but I think everyone here are looking like pullets.

Back
Top Bottom