Sexing Pekin Ducks

I have four Pekin ducks that are my babies:) The way I tell them apart is by one: Sound-Males sound raspy, Females have a loud honk sound. Two: The look- Their tails will tell you, Males have a curl, Females do not. Simple as that:)

Is that the samefor Cygnus ducks? I have 5 babys a b out 5 weeks old there dad is pekin but mom is Cygnus. I think that is the way you spell it

No it quacks but then it sounds raspy but it'll be loud and noisy then really quick if he's with the chickens. It doesn't sound like peeping but quacking I wish there was a sound to send
If it's really loud, it's probably a girl ....
How old is it? If it's a drake, it'll eventually get a curly tail feather.

Is that the samefor Cygnus ducks? I have 5 babys a b out 5 weeks old there dad is pekin but mom is Cygnus. I think that is the way you spell it
Not sure, sorry.

If it's really loud, it's probably a girl ....
How old is it? If it's a drake, it'll eventually get a curly tail feather.

Not sure, sorry.

Mine are 5 weeks old and out of 5 duckling I think I have one girl and 4 dracks. Anyone wanting any because I do not have room for all of them

Everywhere I read it says a female has no curled feathers and a drake does. My problem with this is my 25 week old female pekin duck has two curled feathers. I say female because she just started laying eggs a few days ago and they are definitely not cayuga eggs. Which was a huge shocker to my hubby and I... we came to terms with the thought of two pekin drakes a few weeks back the tails started to curl lol.

I always knew that one of our pekin ducks was a male because he fancied our female cayuga and attempted to mate with her more than once. I never saw the two pekin ducks showing any interest in eachother.

Is it unusual for a female pekin or any female duck to resemble a drake?
idunno.gif

She isn't as loud as our "honking" cayuga but she isn't quiet like our drake. She is also the same size as our drake.

Everywhere I read it says a female has no curled feathers and a drake does. My problem with this is my 25 week old female pekin duck has two curled feathers. I say female because she just started laying eggs a few days ago and they are definitely not cayuga eggs. Which was a huge shocker to my hubby and I... we came to terms with the thought of two pekin drakes a few weeks back the tails started to curl lol.

I always knew that one of our pekin ducks was a male because he fancied our female cayuga and attempted to mate with her more than once. I never saw the two pekin ducks showing any interest in eachother.

Is it unusual for a female pekin or any female duck to resemble a drake?
idunno.gif

She isn't as loud as our "honking" cayuga but she isn't quiet like our drake. She is also the same size as our drake.
Does the curl look like the drake's curl? Also, are you sure the eggs aren't from anyone else?

I had two 4 year old pekin ducks. They were both drakes both had curled tails. I just lost one and added 3 new pekin ducks raised from eggs. My original drake now does not have the curled tail. How does this happen. I am assuming that out of the 3 new pekin ducks I have one drake as his tail has just curled. But only one of the 3 new ducks has a louder quack. It is all too confusing.

I have a 3 month old pekin and I dint know what it is but it is loud. And the tail flares out but also looks curly

Does the curl look like the drake's curl? Also, are you sure the eggs aren't from anyone else?

The tail is the exact same as my confirmed drake pekin. As for my cayuga, she produces grey eggs. I only have 3 ducks currently.
My chickens don't lay anywhere but their coop so I know it's not them. Plus the chickens lay small brown eggs not massive pointy oval white eggs. I found the eggs hiding between a tree and tall weeds near the duck pond.

Back
Top Bottom