sexing polish by looks(only a few days old?)

TyrannosaurusChix

Songster
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Savannah, NY
ive been wanting some polish chickens for a while, but havent had a chance, the feed store near me has been waiting on some. today, i was told that they will be hatching this wed. and should be there friday! i think its a variety, i dont know... and they will be unsexed!

Is there anything you can tell me that i can use when selecting the lovelies??

Thanks!

fwiw im pretty sure they are coming from ideal

Last edited:
no one?
sad.png
hide.gif

hmmm...Im not sure. Only by a few days old it will be hard to tell.
jumpy.gif

I know there is a way you can tell by looking at their 'vents' but its very hard. You may want to look it up online. If it was me, I would just look and see which ones look more aggressive and jumpy. I know thats not always the case, but its better then nothing. Good Luck.

Day or few old polish are hard to sex I think.I had Polish 5 year's.Buyer's alway's was asking can tell sex?.NOOOOO sorry they basicaly all look the same for a while.I sold mine strictly as straight run.You can usualy tell pretty well at a few week's old over over a month the hen's crest will be round and soft and the males have Spikey Punk Rock head's.

OK, I figured it was worth a shot.. on others, ive heard about the double layered wing feathers indicating female, but didnt know if the polish were the same.

.. i still cant wait to get them.. i will be devastated if they all turn out to be boys though.

Back
Top Bottom