Sexing Speckled Sussex

RegiB

Chirping
Sep 30, 2020
So when we got our last round of pullets I think we got hit with the 10% failure rate on sexing. These babies are only 8-1/2 weeks, can anyone tell me if they are both roo’s, pullets, or one of each?
EF2AC4C3-2405-4552-B2ED-880AE65BD693.jpeg
3C799E66-CE61-47F9-89B4-E0529D71FBCF.jpeg

Welcome!
I'm guessing that both are cockerels, sorry. #2 definitely, and the first one, probably. I'd love to be wrong...
Mary

Thanks! Not completely opposed to cockerels, always said if God wants me to have one He’ll find a way 😆 just didn’t expect it to happen twice in only the second batch.

So when we got our last round of pullets I think we got hit with the 10% failure rate on sexing. These babies are only 8-1/2 weeks, can anyone tell me if they are both roo’s, pullets, or one of each?View attachment 2354584View attachment 2354579
Both cockerels. That’s so unfortunate! I loooove the SS hens they are the sweetest little things- mine is a lap chicken. Maybe try again next time?

they look like my 9 week old.... i was secretly hoping it would be a fast developing hen. He sang yesterday.... definite cockerel!!

Both cockerels. That’s so unfortunate! I loooove the SS hens they are the sweetest little things- mine is a lap chicken. Maybe try again next time?

I agree about trying again! Our Speckled Sussex hen is one of the sweetest chickens we have. She’s not skittish and she doesn’t mind being carried around. We love her greatly! Hopefully one of the boys will be sweet too? Can only hope.

Back
Top Bottom