sexlink hens/silver laced wyandott /ee , roo, chick picks,

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
the father of these chicks was killed a few days ago defending his girls, coyote, he is the one on my profile pic, i read sexlinks dont breed true anyway , but i just hatched 10 different color chicks, i have 5 red stars and one black star hens ,will i still have good layers, or what do i have ? roo was silver lased wyandott/ee cross, the one in the pic here is his brother, his mom was rir,the lone roo pic is the dad lust wondered what thes little puff balls will turn into? thanks

You'll have what is called Barnyard Mix
smile.png
with those parent breeds, the pullets will be good layers, although not quite as good as the hen parent stock. Depending on the father's genetics you may have a chance of a green egg laying pullet when they mature.

thanks, we thought we would just call them chickens, hehe, hope they lay like the moms, eggs going sky high,

You'll have what is called Barnyard Mix
smile.png
with those parent breeds, the pullets will be good layers, although not quite as good as the hen parent stock. Depending on the father's genetics you may have a chance of a green egg laying pullet when they mature.
x2

Back
Top Bottom