Sgt. Major Bok Bok Memorial

Quote:
I buried Bok Bok in the chicken yard so he is always there with his girls. He's buried close to a baby EE chick that died during shipment.
I have a new roo named Lt. Colonel Bok Bok. He's great with girls. He's separated from them until they get older because he's a year old and they're only 2 months but they listen to him when he makes his warning noises and they run for the hen house.
I believe a rooster is a must when you have a flock of girls, even seperated in his own section of the yard he does a great job as flock protector. I'm sure that if it ever came down to it he would put his life on the line for the girls too.

I missed this before...I always loved his name,too and what a brave baby! Whitey died for his flock, too, and we were so upset (everyone knows that that read HIS memorial)...I got a cement rooster statue that looks like him and put it beside our Chicken Bench by the barn; once in a while I'll sit out there, sit on the bench awhile, and just touch the statue; makes me feel closer to him. But what an awesome likeness in the wood carving,

Trisha, your woodburning is so lovely, and I agree, is there any thing you are not good at. I too do wood burning, nothing as detailed as your memorial but I have 2 signs as you go into my back yard " God Bless All Who Enter Here" and " The B***** established 1986". I want to put one on the hen house that says "The Poop Coop".

Is there anything you are not good at... I agree... you have so much talent!!!

I've read that people with learning disabilities are creative. I assume that's it. I have acute dyslexia.

Thanks y'all I never thought I would miss a chicken so much but I do. He would be a great rooster by now. Every time I step foot in the chicken yard I think of him. Here's a baby picture of him. The hatchery colored his face green so I'd know which RIR he was.

Here's my baby. May he be safe in heaven with the rest of God's angels:
bokbok.jpg

That is so cute. Sorry for your loss too. One of my babies died 2 days ago. My son cried for hours. He is 6. we don't know if it was a girl or roo but we called him Mr. Peeps. My 3 year old called him Mr. Peeps with the freakish toe. He had a bent toe. But he was their favorite. He would jump right in your hand and wanted to be snuggled. He also was about 5 weeks old. I am not sure what happened. My husband thinks he may have choked because his gullet"?" if thats what it is called was swelled and looked kind of like a water pocket. Very strange. But i always kind of thought he may not make it in the long run, because he was so much smaller then the rest. The other chicks that hatched the same time he did were about 3 times his size. They had grown alot and are able to fly some. He was barely any bigger then the day he hatched. He was eating well and would run and follow my kids around and seemed happy. But then I went out to see them and i called him and he didn't come so I found him in the nest. i got him out and comforted him and tried to get him to drink a little but he died a short time later. One of my other chicks was lifting his weak head up with his own head. so i knew something was really wrong. Not sure what happened but the rest seem healthy. Maybe he had more problems from birth then just a crooked toe. He really was barely bigger then when he was hatched. I could cup my whole hand around him and the others i can not fit my hand around when i am holding them. Anyway, you do beautiful work.

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom