Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

1680251154847.jpeg

Great conspiracy photo Shadrach.
Would be great for the quote contest.
My broody lost one of her eggs! They were marked w sharpie so I would know if anyone else laid in her nest (happens sometimes), and I pulled a few eggs out today and was left with 4….double checked all the eggs in my basket, no sharpie. Looked all around the nest and the area in the coop next to it and did not find it. Very odd…wondering if somehow it broke and they ate it? But no remnants anywhere…watch me find it somewhere this spring when I’m full-cleaning the coop.
Are you sure the broody didn’t rub the graphite off? 🔦?

Are you sure the broody didn’t rub the graphite off? 🔦?
The marker doesn’t come off even when wet. It was a very large blue egg, and none of the eggs I collected the last few days are even close to that size & color. I’m really glad the 3 legbar cross eggs are still in there…and one other smaller blue eggs…it’s just the weirdest thing! I checked again this morning, and nothing.

The marker doesn’t come off even when wet. It was a very large blue egg, and none of the eggs I collected the last few days are even close to that size & color. I’m really glad the 3 legbar cross eggs are still in there…and one other smaller blue eggs…it’s just the weirdest thing! I checked again this morning, and nothing.
Possibly a snake ate it but they rarely stop at one egg. I caught one once that had eaten four eggs. I opened him up and saved 2 eggs. 1 of those 2 hatched out my favorite mama hen Poofy jr.

Possibly a snake ate it but they rarely stop at one egg. I caught one once that had eaten four eggs. I opened him up and saved 2 eggs. 1 of those 2 hatched out my favorite mama hen Poofy jr.
No snakes around me except tiny garden snakes, and my coop is elevated and there’s snow on the ground. I am guessing it somehow got pushed out & buried in the shavings, and I’ll find it sometime much later. So very odd, though!

Just plain horrid but bearable because it was above 10 C. They got a few minutes out but mostly stayed under the coop extension. My boots have started to leak.:rantCleaned out and fed and kept company on the roost bar as the rain tipped down. Seriously unimpressed with the weather.
P3310688.JPG
P3310687.JPG
P3310686.JPG
P3310689.JPG

It was my birthday at the begining of the month and my eldest andher husband bought a couple of tickets to a whiskey tasting evening. me and my eldest's husband went. I'm about a third of a bottle of scotch under the weather. My eldest husband is layed out in the back of the car last time I saw him. We had a good night. He's a lovely chap. Along with the whiskey was a blues band. The event was on one of the many barges now turned into venues at the Bristol docks. I took a few picture but I was too drunk to tell what they came out like.
IMG_20230331_204556_305.jpg
IMG_20230331_204324_947.jpg
IMG_20230331_220506_572.jpg

Just plain horrid but bearable because it was above 10 C. They got a few minutes out but mostly stayed under the coop extension. My boots have started to leak.:rantCleaned out and fed and kept company on the roost bar as the rain tipped down. Seriously unimpressed with the weather.
View attachment 3450711View attachment 3450712View attachment 3450710View attachment 3450709

It was my birthday at the begining of the month and my eldest andher husband bought a couple of tickets to a whiskey tasting evening. me and my eldest's husband went. I'm about a third of a bottle of scotch under the weather. My eldest husband is layed out in the back of the car last time I saw him. We had a good night. He's a lovely chap. Along with the whiskey was a blues band. The event was on one of the many barges now turned into venues at the Bristol docks. I took a few picture but I was too drunk to tell what they came out like.
View attachment 3450713View attachment 3450714View attachment 3450719
Sounds like a great night out.

Back
Top Bottom