Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Skeksis and Chippy were supposed to be the last, but Skeksis died before we got set up here. Currently, my wife does not want me having any more pets. I am not happy without having animals.

Is your wife getting to do everything she wants to do?

I would ask her if she knew how depressed I was with not having at least one of my pets.

Good luck.

It would only cause friction between us. I already lost my sweet Skeksis. Not trying to lose my marriage too.
It's not my business and I don't know much about you but if my partner prevented me from doing something that made me happy they wouldn't be my partner for much longer.
:confused:

It would only cause friction between us. I already lost my sweet Skeksis. Not trying to lose my marriage too.
If you emphasise that having a small pet would make you happy she shouldn’t forbid all animals imho. I really don’t get it why you cant have any animals at all. An aquarium with tropical fishes. 2 parakeets. A hamster. There are so many small animals that aren’t t disturbing and fit in every house.

And I like the idea to help somewhere like L-plate suggests too. Are there no children's farm or a rescue center nearby? Such a commitment with animals might give you pleasure too. As long as it’s not too far away and not in the city. How hard did you try to find such a place?. Maybe a volunteer centre can help you in finding the right place.

Another wet and generally miserable weather day.
We got about an hour out of two and a half out on the allotments.
The ground is saturated and there is yet more rain on the way.:he There just isn't much that can be done on the plot with the ground conditions and the wet makes doing chicken care difficult.
P3140408.JPG
P3140407.JPG
P3140409.JPG

If you emphasise that having a small pet would make you happy she shouldn’t forbid all animals imho. I really don’t get it why you cant have any animals at all. An aquarium with tropical fishes. 2 parakeets. A hamster. There are so many small animals that aren’t t disturbing and fit in every house.

And I like the idea to help somewhere like L-plate suggests too. Are there no children's farm or a rescue center nearby? Such a commitment with animals might give you pleasure too. As long as it’s not too far away and not in the city. How hard did you try to find such a place?. Maybe a volunteer centre can help you in finding the right place.

I sent an application to an animal sanctuary that was looking for volunteers back in Dec. They acknowledged receipt of it, but have not contacted me about it. Guess they didn't need that much help. And NJ wants a damn permit for everything, even a tree frog for example.

Back
Top Bottom