Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Standard military boots!
OK, the upper buckle section would be above what I know as a standard work boot.

Maybe the two of us could sit in one of the barns, with out boots on and drink Scotch.
:gig
Sure you WON'T take your boots off in the house but you WILL in the barn!!!!!!!
:lol:

I guess we need a new saying "Were you born in a house? Take your boots off when you come in the barn" ;)

poor you!
I'm sure I've written about Harold and Bluespots relationship before. They were an extaordinary couple. The devotion was obvious. But, they fought, sometimes it went on for weeks.
They would come out the coop in the morning. Theey were usually last out. They would just get off the ramp and Harold would give Bluespot the the lets mate chest shove. Bluespot would go ballistic. She would spin round, jump and go for Harold legs flailing. I was completely gobsmacked when I first saw this.
Harold would block and dodge. It was all over in a few seconds and off they would trot side by side up the steps to the food on the patio. They were a couple from the day I started to the day Harold died. I've seen Bluespot go to extrodinary lengths to avoid the advances of other cockerels and roosters.
I have seen some truely incredible behaviour from these two over the years.
I always had to take Harold off the perch at night to examine him. There was no way he would have it in the daytime.

Good afternoon X Batts.
I wear a tall to the knee rubber boot in the rain and mud.
Have another pair Moose remodeled White with black now ankle height.
The second is my tax.
005.jpg
007.jpg

The Bantams of Tribe 2 were a tough bunch. Hinge took 3 Goshawk strikes and lived to tell the tale.
Tan got attacked by a fox, at night, on a nest on one of the banks. She escaped and ran onto the track right in front of a vehicle which ran over her. She survived it.
Mini Minx took one hawk strike and a weasel attack.

Anyway, what I wanted to mention is Harold died with his hackles flared. I found him on the coop floor one morning stiff as board and his hackle feathers locked outward. I wonder if he saw deathe creeping up on him and thought I'm not haviing that either!:love

Last edited:
It takes a while to lace up army style or walking boots. I often needed to be out there quickly.
That's exactly why I hate those shoes and of course if you wear those you won't be taking them off every time you come inside!

If I have to be out very quickly I keep in the entrance a pair of clog and a pair of old trail running shoes from which I cut off the part above the heel, so I can just slip my feet in without having to do laces or bend over or whatever.
Gedit told me one day that in her view the majority of the chickens problems was the laying of eggs. I think she had a point.
She was, it seems, a very wise chicken!
I would have liked to hear her opinion on human problems.

Back
Top Bottom