Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Oh what a wonderful idea.
❤️ ❤️
You could probably find affordable land if you were willing to be pretty remote and off grid. And with the rescue angle you could do a Go-Fund-Me or whatever that is called to raise money towards it.
I know it is a stretch but not totally impossible to imagine making it work.

Edited to add: In the US they have foreclosure auctions where sometimes you can get houses absurdly cheaply - I doubt it is the same in the UK although they do have police auctions, not sure if land would ever be a part of one of those
Yessss!! Crowdfunding just might get it done.

Trains are on strike again. Buses parked up at the major terminals with no drivers. But, I got there and back.
It's been raining on and off most of the day and I looked much like the damp chickens by the time I had got them off to roost.
My friend came with me again today which was nice.
Henry looks better, but still not quite right. I've got dragging a 25kilo roll of mesh to the allotments by bus to look foreward to tomorrow.
Someone stole the uprights for the run doorframe.:rant
15 in the new coop again although I did have to ferret a couple out from underneath the new coop where they settled for the night. Later this won't be a problem but now the rats can get under there.
P8181776.JPG
P8181772.JPG
P8181773.JPG
P8181771.JPG
P8181770.JPG

Trains are on strike again. Buses parked up at the major terminals with no drivers. But, I got there and back.
It's been raining on and off most of the day and I looked much like the damp chickens by the time I had got them off to roost.
My friend came with me again today which was nice.
Henry looks better, but still not quite right. I've got dragging a 25kilo roll of mesh to the allotments by bus to look foreward to tomorrow.
Someone stole the uprights for the run doorframe.:rant
15 in the new coop again although I did have to ferret a couple out from underneath the new coop where they settled for the night. Later this won't be a problem but now the rats can get under there.View attachment 3227633View attachment 3227634View attachment 3227635View attachment 3227636View attachment 3227637
Someone stole the uprights? From the allotment?!
That isn’t very community-garden spirited!
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom