Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Why can't I take pictures like that?:barnie
It's all the phone. Set so it actually captures a mini video so the best frame can be screen shot.

Here is an end result (when I actually hit the button)
20211128_082300.jpg

And these are screen shots of the video that led up to it (some are better than the end photo!)
20211128_082300_capture(0).jpg
20211128_082300_capture(1).jpg
20211128_082300_capture(2).jpg
20211128_082300_capture(3).jpg

Nope. Sorry. I don't accept foreign currency. I just can't keep track of the exchange rates what with inflation and stuff.
I know you have big chickens because it says so in your profile.
You're on the provisonal list so get out there with your camera and get some proper currency posted.:p

Oh, before you ask, NO, the horse wont do.:rant:lol:
You see, I took that as a challenge. Decline if you want BUT...
here we have 2 cockerels roosting on a horse
DSCN2064.JPG
DSCN2070.JPG

And then my Marans Holly going for a ride.
DSCN1333.JPG

And when you take into account the chickens love the horses and vice versa, I have countless photo's like this.
DSCN2866.JPG

One of the things I've been doing is trying to make the coop run more secure.
The run fence has been constructed in the manner used by chicken keepers in the UK and Europe for many years. Unlike the type of hardware cloth or weldmesh fences advocated these days which relies on strength and stiffnes, the old school style relies on the fence being too floppy to climb with an overhang loosley attatched at the top of the fence.
The bottom of the fence is constructed with stock net which is strong enough to take a battering from sheep etc. Above the stock net just loosly attatched chicken wire is fixed but not stretched tight; it's saggy and unstable. I did take some pictures but they haven't come out very well. I'll try agin tomorrow.
I'm not sure what happened but the bottom should have had chicken wire layed over the stock net to discourage predators such as weasels and stoats.
Most of the run did have a buried skirt of chicken wire to prevent digging under the fence. I've been replacing this and running the chicken wire up to the point where the fence goes floppy.
One of the problems with stiff weldmesh/ hardware cloth is foxes in particular can climb it as can other climbing predators.

Attachments

• PA210616.JPG
    PA210616.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PA210618.JPG
    PA210618.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom