Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Is the overhang s'posed to flop out or in?
I had a place that had a tight but inward lean, probably a bit less than 45 degrees. I think it was designed to keep dogs(not sure, maybe goats) from climbing up and over.
It's not a bad idea.
It's supposed to lean out, that is on the hostile side of the fence.

That young looking chap in the top picture looks a bit like a rooster I know called Treacle.
Young is a compliment. He's at least 6 in that , which is almost 3 years old now. He doesn't act like it though. I remember when I brought him home years back when he was a bit slimmer, he was such a nervous Nelly. He had been kept teathered like the other males at his former home and wasn't used to being free to run around wherever he wants

@NatJ
It's not a great picture but this was Matilda today. There was no sign of that low tail or pulled in head today and while I didn't see much of her yesterday or the day before because she wasn't keen on the bitterly cold wind.
I'm a few metres away and she doesn't know the camera is pointing at her.
I didn't see her just before roosting time because I was outside the allotment run capturing an escapee.:rolleyes:
PB291161.JPG

@NatJ
It's not a great picture but this was Matilda today. There was no sign of that low tail or pulled in head today and while I didn't see much of her yesterday or the day before because she wasn't keen on the bitterly cold wind.
I'm a few metres away and she doesn't know the camera is pointing at her.
I didn't see her just before roosting time because I was outside the allotment run capturing an escapee.:rolleyes:View attachment 2913392
That looks like a poop stance to me.

@LaFleche mentioned in an earlier post about the unusual poop reported from battery hens.
I'm a poop inspector and I've seen poop here that is quite alarming.
A few samples.
Lots with very runny urates.
Lots of very light brown cecal poop.
There is such a range it is very difficult to tall what is normal.
PA110425.JPG
PA210610.JPG
PA210611.JPG
PA240670.JPG
PB171031.JPG
PB171032.JPG
PB221068.JPG
PB231091.JPG
PB231092.JPG
PB231093.JPG
PB231094.JPG
PB241106.JPG
PB241107.JPG

No. He is not my main guy. Main guy is this Light Brahma w/a touch of EE. View attachment 2913400
Notice I never miss the chance to show off and gush over my boys ♡ let's just call it tax.
I know how you feel.:love
I said something terrible today.:( I said if Henry got sick I would try and get a vet to see him if it was something I couldn't sort out but wouldn't do that for the hens.:oops:

Back
Top Bottom