Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Today is a time of reflection. Sitting here drinking a good Ky bourbon. The babies we hatched 3 weeks ago went home with our friends. I let my wife keep them a week longer than usual. Getting soft in my old age. I luv them too, today is probably the most relaxed birthday of my life and that's a good thing. I'll miss gray baby and Poofy Jr's 9th or 10th white baby rooster, they are all sons of Red so J and Staci have a good rooster to start their flock with.

Today is a time of reflection. Sitting here drinking a good Ky bourbon. The babies we hatched 3 weeks ago went home with our friends. I let my wife keep them a week longer than usual. Getting soft in my old age. I luv them too, today is probably the most relaxed birthday of my life and that's a good thing. I'll miss gray baby and Poofy Jr's 9th or 10th white baby rooster, they are all sons of Red so J and Staci have a good rooster to start their flock with.
Sounds like you are having a good birthday. Many happy returns! 🎂🎁🎉🥂

Happy Birthday GIF by Omer Studios

There is allot of data on colloidal silver You can buy the setup on Amazon. A friend got me using it on split lip then a burn .. She keeps me supplied and currently used it close the incision on the dog we had altered healed that in 4 days.
I know you can buy bandaids infused with colloidal silver that promote faster healing.

How did you find using it on your burns/ wounds? Did it heal noticeably faster?
Healing in 4 days is pretty impressive. I wonder how it would go on intractable leg ulcers and such in the elderly?

How do you find it helps if taken internally?

I promise these are my last questions on this Shad. I am interested in personal experience here. I will Google general info on colloidal silver after this. Promise!

Tax is due I expect!
IMG20200413125327(2).jpg
IMG20200415115951(1).jpg
IMG20200415120041(2).jpg
IMG20200416081624(1).jpg

Brand new plumage.
IMG20200522160939(2).jpg

My wife recommended it to me as something good to use against viruses. She did all the research.
I might've missed this, but have you wormed him? Or had his poop analyzed at a vet? When ours have these symptoms and don't recover after a few hours of TLC in the house, I run whatever poop I can get from that bird to whichever vet will agree to do a fecal analysis for a chicken. It's not expensive and can be a lifesaver.

For us, the culprit's repeatedly been roundworms (you don't always see worms; I've never seen one). In one case, the first dose of Panacur/Safeguard brought a listless hen back to life in 24 hours.

You might have to call around to find a willing vet, but fecal analysis is a way to get medical insights even if you can't find a poultry vet.

She was not officially diagnosed. I don't have a vet that sees chickens here. She laid a couple of eggs early last spring and then stopped. Her comb lost all it's color and size and she had just been sickly since. She would have been 2 this spring.
She had the will to hang on to life for a long time then, I suppose she had moments when she felt better. I agree that it's really hard to make the decision for them. I don't have a vet for my chicken either. I suppose a vet could help knowing that a chicken has no chance of healing so it would be easier to make the decision to end it's suffering.

Back
Top Bottom