Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I just searched WebMD and agree the turpentine shouldn't be taken internally.
Castor oil, taken internally, is for constipation. No need to take it if you don't have that problem. I think cod liver oil is for the vitamins A and D. I have NO idea what turpentine on sugar is supposed to cure.

DW's aunt just died at 104 and I'm pretty sure she never took turpentine internally. Being a chemist I suspect she knew better.

Thus, I don't think those 95 years are a direct result of ingesting turpentine.
Can't say I saw her use turpentine. Just herbal teas.

Asked my older sister about turpentine and sugar. She said it was to cure worms. I remember we didn't take that very often and it was a teaspoon of sugar with a few drops of turpentine. The castor oil was more regular. A tablespoon of it Sunday morning once or twice a month. I'm not saying it was right but when you grow up in a holler in eastern Ky your access to medical care was very limited.
I just searched WebMD and agree the turpentine shouldn't be taken internally.

Can't say I saw her use turpentine. Just herbal teas.

A couple of our girls that are approaching laying age. My wife traded four roosters for these girls and a silver laced Wyandotte.
20220301_151619.jpg
20220301_151612.jpg

Those pictures make their place look really dreary, and so much wet mud.
Even though these ex batts may not have the ways and the strength of a "real chicken" , in a way the ones that survived must be pretty resilient not to catch infections and diseases in such an environment.
That dreariness is the UK in general, not just the allotments.:hmm
All the chickens are getting stronger. It can be seen by their activity level.

Shad, how are you applying ivermectin, and how much? Do you know how much Henry weighs? I’m considering this route for Lucky, my BLR Wyandotte with bad SLM.
By drops to the back of the neck on the skin. I don't know how much he weighs. I gave him four drops which is what I was advised by my sisters chicken vet.

I have great difficulty getting pics of my hens that are flattering to them. For one thing, they never stop moving. And I can’t get a good angle without getting down on the ground which around here is usually muddy and wet.
A fold upwards screen/viewfinder on the camera helps.

Back
Top Bottom