Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

If I wore boots like that I would be reluctant to take them off too! It looks like it would take me half an hour to get myself in to them and lace and buckle them up. I would probably sleep in them too.
There is a hidden zipper in the modern boots. You only need to lace the first time for a perfect fit.

The lovely Gedit who didn't lay eggs and who held Tribe 3 together most of her life.
She was big hen compared to all except Fat Bird. She had the most graceful walk I've seen.
Gedit.
P1220123.JPG
P3240107.JPG

Who else but Fat Bird.
P3100642.JPG

F9EC2FF6-9E6C-46A2-9A2A-AD0131409514.jpeg

For a little comfort a pic of two of my chickens. Rhode Island Red bantam Kwekky and in the back, Janice my mix or hybrid girl.

Janice was the only female out of 5, 3 years ago. I could make someone happy with the boys when they were 10 -12 weeks old. I never do that again. It’s nerve breaking for a lonely young chicken to grow up between older hens. Hens can be really nasty creatures sometimes.

So what happens if you have to scramble down the side of a mountain? Do the slippers stay on?:p
I had that problem with the clogs. I've only cut a small piece away from the trail running shoes so they still fit perfectly. The only problem with them is getting feet soaked in wet grass.
This boots business is I grant you a bone of contention between a great many couples I believe. I've has some personal experience in the matter.:D
It seems to me the meat of that bone lies in the fact that the person wearing the boots, is usually not the one doing the cleaning. I grant you it's not all black and white as the person doing the cleaning, could just let the floor stay dirty and let the person wearing the boots enjoy the consequences.

Nope. I've got a few more days to go yet.
I'm missing the allotment and chickens though.
It seems either you got a really bad virus, or you made it worse by not getting rest early enough? I hope you start feeling better soon!

The lovely Gedit who didn't lay eggs and who held Tribe 3 together most of her life.
She was big hen compared to all except Fat Bird. She had the most graceful walk I've seen.
Gedit.

View attachment 3086746View attachment 3086748
Who else but Fat Bird.
View attachment 3086749
Fat bird did your cooking 😋?
View attachment 3086765
For a little comfort a pic of two of my chickens. Rhode Island Red bantam Kwekky and in the back, Janice my mix or hybrid girl.

Janice was the only female out of 5, 3 years ago. I could make someone happy with the boys when they were 10 -12 weeks old. I never do that again. It’s nerve breaking for a lonely young chicken to grow up between older hens. Hens can be really nasty creatures sometimes.
I didn't understand if you mean Janice stayed alone after the boys left and then she felt lonely? Or do you mean the boys that grew up in other households were lone cockerels among other hens ?
Here is a picture from this morning showing the difficulty of being a lone bantam lady amongst older Ex-batts. Chipie is trying to get out of the pen and in the coop, but they have cornered her inside by blocking the exit, so she has to fly from above to get in the coop🥺.

IMG_20220501_074541~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom