Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Is a quick peck on the boot a sign of affection? if so, oops! I've been telling mine off for it :oops: (nothing harsh, just an 'Oy! that's me not food!')
It is yes. It's a bit bossy, but basically its the equivelant of where have you been I've been worried about you and remember I'm still the boss.:love
Roosters will give hens that have been out of circulation for a while the same greeting plus a bit of a herding shuffle.
You know, the usual inability of the average male to show his feelings in a manner the female understands.:p
It's unfortunate that much of a roosters behaviour is deemed to be aggressive when it is often a sign of affection/belonging to his tribe.

Quite the full ticket ? Or is this one of these expression that only works for the negative ?

I was just going to ask if it wasn't some sign of wanting more special familiarity 🤣!

Good to learn the chickens are faring well. I was a little worried that you would find some unpleasant surprise and I'm glad that is not the case.
The expression works both ways although it is most commonly used in the negative sense.
I'm not quite sure how Henry views me but I've not seen any signs that he thinks he should be making babies with me.:p

How's the transport working out Shad now sunset's even later? And,
Is the new coop coming this week?
Transport was a mess yesterday and it took me an hour and half to get home. Lots of cancellations on trains and buses.
The coop is ordered but a delivery date hasn't been fixed yet. I need to get the frame on which the coop is going to sit sorted out preferably before the coop gets delivered.

Transport was a mess yesterday and it took me an hour and half to get home. Lots of cancellations on trains and buses.
that's awful. Is cycling an option, or would that be too dangerous on the routes available to you? Tourists have no idea how to drive the lanes round here and it's quite a risky proposition to cycle.

that's awful. Is cycling an option, or would that be too dangerous on the routes available to you? Tourists have no idea how to drive the lanes round here and it's quite a risky proposition to cycle.
A push bike would be a wonderfull option for an occasional cycle on a sunny day. As a regular form of transport for what is essentially a job with a 12 mile round trip I think not at my age.
A motor bike is an option and I have had it at the back of my mind sice returning to the UK.

It is yes. It's a bit bossy, but basically its the equivelant of where have you been I've been worried about you and remember I'm still the boss.:love
Roosters will give hens that have been out of circulation for a while the same greeting plus a bit of a herding shuffle.
You know, the usual inability of the average male to show his feelings in a manner the female understands.:p
It's unfortunate that much of a roosters behaviour is deemed to be aggressive when it is often a sign of affection/belonging to his tribe.
When I squat down to greet the chickens, many come by and circle around to peck my clothes. Feels like a quick preening or just some way to engage with me. Rooster Stilton usually joins in. Even if I don't realize he's walked up, I know his pecks because they're so much harder than than the girls'.

Back
Top Bottom