Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

The bigger they get, the worse the scissor beak looks. :(

20220508_120248.jpg

A push bike would be a wonderfull option for an occasional cycle on a sunny day. As a regular form of transport for what is essentially a job with a 12 mile round trip I think not at my age.
A motor bike is an option and I have had it at the back of my mind sice returning to the UK.
Is a push bike the same as an e-bike?
12 mile to and from is no problem with an e-bike. A friend of mine who is 81, makes much longer trips. (With his neighbour of 64, having coffees on a terrace in between).

12 mile to and from is no problem with an e-bike. A friend of mine who is 81, makes much longer trips. (With his neighbour of 64, having coffees on a terrace in between).
A push bike is the kind with pedals. I have no idea what an e-bike is (will go look it up), but a push bike for sure pre-dates that.

Edited to add: I just looked up e-bike. What a wonderful invention!

In our country without mountains , a lot of people ride on bikes. To go to work, shopping, bringing smaller kids to school, sports and touring.

Most elderly buy e-bikes nowadays. Its a great way to stay active. However there is one con : there is a big increase of bike accidents and elderly who need medical care after a fall or crash. So now they are discussing if wearing bike helmets should obliged on all e-bikes, not just on the fast ones (speed pedelic) that speed up to 40 -45 km/h.

I did consider an e-bike. I've ridden a couple here in the UK.
They need charging and that means electricity and that has got expensive here and I think it's likely to stay that way.
They're really boring. You can't pull a wheelie on an e-bike!:D
The cost of a decent new e-bike is almost twice what I can pick up say a 250cc trail bike.

The more I think about it all the better the bus and train sound.:D
I'm very much in favour of public transport.

In our country without mountains , a lot of people ride on bikes. To go to work, shopping, bringing smaller kids to school, sports and touring.

Most elderly buy e-bikes nowadays. Its a great way to stay active. However there is one con : there is a big increase of bike accidents and elderly who need medical care after a fall or crash. So now they are discussing if wearing bike helmets should obliged on all e-bikes, not just on the fast ones (speed pedelic) that speed up to 40 -45 km/h.
Trust a bunch of pensioners to mess it up for eveybody.:lau

Same problem with an e~bike {& a motorbike for that matter]. Abominable weather to be out in the open in far too often. I was thinking an e~bike too as they are so much easier on an older body than a push bike [I've been looking into them here] but busy city traffic & speed would make me rethink. The one bonus I can think of is that with a carrier getting feed to the chickens would be a snack.

Back
Top Bottom