Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I keep thinking about this. It reminds me of an insight someone had in the early days of the pandemic. They realized they'd been spending money they didn't have on things they didn't want to satisfy people they didn't like. Old habits die hard eh?
Fortunately I'm very fond of these people. I just don't understand their spending preferences.
I've never been much of a consumer. I am apparently the worst person in the world to buy presents for. It's not that I don't like things, more I've got most of what I want and anything I haven't got and might want is expensive. Guess I'm the male equivelant of only diamonds will do darling.:D

Fortunately I'm very fond of these people. I just don't understand their spending preferences.
I've never been much of a consumer. I am apparently the worst person in the world to buy presents for. It's not that I don't like things, more I've got most of what I want and anything I haven't got and might want is expensive. Guess I'm the male equivelant of only diamonds will do darling.:D
Like a motorbike maybe?
🏍️

That comb's not looking good.
No, and it's not due to any mood swings either unless he's suddenly gone bi polar whatever that means.:D
I wrote I think he's had a stroke and I'm going with that. I don't think it's due to too much sex; he doesn't put enough effort in to it to even break out in a sweat.:lol:
I've had four rooster die after these comb colour changes.

More like 10 acres of land where I could set up a chicken rescue and study center. Not much to ask.:p
Oh what a wonderful idea.
❤️ ❤️
You could probably find affordable land if you were willing to be pretty remote and off grid. And with the rescue angle you could do a Go-Fund-Me or whatever that is called to raise money towards it.
I know it is a stretch but not totally impossible to imagine making it work.

Edited to add: In the US they have foreclosure auctions where sometimes you can get houses absurdly cheaply - I doubt it is the same in the UK although they do have police auctions, not sure if land would ever be a part of one of those

No, and it's not due to any mood swings either unless he's suddenly gone bi polar whatever that means.:D
I wrote I think he's had a stroke and I'm going with that. I don't think it's due to too much sex; he doesn't put enough effort in to it to even break out in a sweat.:lol:
I've had four rooster die after these comb colour changes.
I think your probably right.
My Doris had some sort of heat event or stroke in July. His comb was purple for at least a week.
He broke his beak a while prior to that. I trimmed the bottom to help him out, but the upper was obviously causing him discomfort, so he wasn't eating or drinking much. I believe he got dehydrated.
He is doing some better now, but he is not his spunky, randy self. The old girls are still hanging with him, but the younger ones have moved on.
I hope that, that has taught him a lesson about loyalty and cradle robbing, but that's probably too much to hope for.

I think your probably right.
My Doris had some sort of heat event or stroke in July. His comb was purple for at least a week.
He broke his beak a while prior to that. I trimmed the bottom to help him out, but the upper was obviously causing him discomfort, so he wasn't eating or drinking much. I believe he got dehydrated.
He is doing some better now, but he is not his spunky, randy self. The old girls are still hanging with him, but the younger ones have moved on.
I hope that, that has taught him a lesson about loyalty and cradle robbing, but that's probably too much to hope for.
He's looking better today.:fl
Chickens have got 4 chamber hearts with a much simpler valve sytem than humans. It's not at all unusual for a rooster to pop one of the valves.

Back
Top Bottom