Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Apologies for chipping in with frivolity, but my photo is being used in the caption contest! Tagging @RoyalChick because entering the photo was her suggestion :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...on-contest-12-02-22-pic-by-maryjanet.1556441/

Those two hens are refugees from the river flood. My aunty coerced me into taking them, but now I'm glad I did because they're wonderful little hens! So tame and inquisitive. They're still in quarantine in the laundry, but they can come out and start integrating on Wednesday.

Anyway, why not see if you can think up a funny caption in the contest?

Apologies for chipping in with frivolity, but my photo is being used in the caption contest! Tagging @RoyalChick because entering the photo was her suggestion :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...on-contest-12-02-22-pic-by-maryjanet.1556441/

Those two hens are refugees from the river flood. My aunty coerced me into taking them, but now I'm glad I did because they're wonderful little hens! So tame and inquisitive. They're still in quarantine in the laundry, but they can come out and start integrating on Wednesday.

done! It's a fantastic photo, I'm sure it'll get lots of great entries. Congratulations! :celebrate

Hey Santa used turkeys :gig

Screenshot_20221202-082359.png

I'm not funny enough to think of a caption but this photo doesn't even need one - it makes me laugh every time I look at it!

Makes me think of strips from "the far side" for anyone who used to read those - animals in absurd human situations.
Glad you're enjoying it; but just to give you both a head's up - it gets harder! They don't take prisoners on the pests and diseases bit :D

(and some of the videos of surgical procedures are a bit too much for me :sick)
Are there a lot of videos and do you think language would be a problem ? Although I used to follow quite well californians, new yorkers, and could even grasp the meaning when scotts were speaking now I only understand BBC speakers😕.

Are there a lot of videos and do you think language would be a problem ?
no there aren't, and there are transcripts for all of them anyway, so you can read rather than listen if you prefer (though it is handy to see moving pictures for some things).
now I only understand BBC speakers😕.
your age is showing :p: diversity has arrived there now, so it's not 1950s style (aka Oxford English) continuity announcers anymore. Some of them are a bit challenging for all of us, depending on which bits of the country/world we come from and our aural idiosyncrasies. I just can't understand what Geordies are saying, for example (they're people who grew up and/or live round Newcastle/Tyneside/the North East of England), though have no trouble with their neighbouring Yorkshire accents; it's quite weird. But having them all on the BBC - including a guy with a deep baritone Barbadian accent - is wonderful imo.

Back
Top Bottom