Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I love that third picture.
They seem to have understood that my plot is home territory. The shade and interest that the fruit bushes and the two main patches of wild grasses also contributes to their feeling of safety. Most days there stay close to where I park my arse. Late afternoons they wander further afield for an hour or so. I'm hoping to get some fruit bushes planted in their run. The shade box works well and they use it s lot, but one can't beat the right type of natural shade.

They seem to have understood that my plot is home territory. The shade and interest that the fruit bushes and the two main patches of wild grasses also contributes to their feeling of safety. Most days there stay close to where I park my arse. Late afternoons they wander further afield for an hour or so. I'm hoping to get some fruit bushes planted in their run. The shade box works well and they use it s lot, but one can't beat the right type of natural shade.
Yes. Mine are big fans of the natural shade even though they have a nice big run with a roof.
942F09F9-5CD7-48BB-AB4D-E20553C30C0D.jpeg
E09B5BC6-ED16-4989-B142-C3EC815F2DC2.jpeg

I have a Portuguese laurel in my run. This gives much deeper shade than the berry bushes. Its green in winter as well. But thats hardly a recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom