Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Today is a good day for tea, @Ladies-Eight
I grew up on an American brand called "red rose" which came with a little porcelain figure in each box. Sadly they have discontinued them unless you order from the website.
rr-closeoutfigurines-banner.jpg
My daughter loves my tin full of figurines, she calls them her treasures and neatly sets them up all over the place.

I grew up on an American brand called "red rose" which came with a little porcelain figure in each box. Sadly they have discontinued them unless you order from the website.
View attachment 3731096
My daughter loves my tin full of figurines, she calls them her treasures and neatly sets them up all over the place.
I remember those! My MIL drank Red Rose tea, saved the figures for our kids. That must have been 40 years ago.

View attachment 3731096
I had a covered wagon figurine from that tea a few years ago, probably just before they discontinued including them!

View attachment 3731096
My Great Grandmother drank Red Rose too. :) I don't remember the figures though.

Windy, cold and an unforcast burst of hail! Three hours of I could have, and they could have, done it all in half that time.Never mind, they got out for an hour of foraging and Dig had a good tear about. A dog fox slunk across the back of the orchard while we all were out. It's maing season for foxes and the dog only has a few weeks to impress the vixen before they'll mate, The vixen is only fertile for a few days a year about this time so I guess he had other things on his mind.
It's the wind the chickens don't like more than a bit of rain and it's still gusting in the 30mph range.
Mow's pin feathers are opening so I guess she'll be laying soon. She's been eyeing up the large rosmary bush as a prospective nest site. She quite feral for a fluff ball and needs watching because she wanders.
P1220155.JPG
P1220157.JPG
P1220156.JPG
P1220158.JPG

Back
Top Bottom