Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I could, in theory at least. I'll do some research to find out what sort of roost spot I might be heading to. Following him through hedges, bramble patches, nettle beds, across ditches etc at dusk may not be so easy in practice :p

This was him standing in the drizzle this morning; he's lost some condition and he has a very pronounced limp when he thinks no-one's watching
View attachment 3797004
If you haven't already done it, maybe you can call the wild bird hospital to ask - here wild life centers often have procedures for people who find injured animals.
The English have never been much good at rioting.:p
While I am not sure that was exactly what we were taught Ned Ludd always appeared as some kind of hero for me as a teen.
How about the suffragettes ?

If you haven't already done it, maybe you can call the wild bird hospital to ask - here wild life centers often have procedures for people who find injured animals.
that's a good idea; I'll do that today
If you can get within three feet of the bird then I would try throwing a large bathtowel over it if you want to catch it.
Thanks for the tip; will do if catching is advised. As it is, I haven't seen him since I posted about him yesterday; he did not turn up for breakfast this morning :hmm

The weather people are forcasting a dry day tomorrow and possibly a few after that. We shall see. Hopefully I'll get some stuff in the ground.
Apparently Oct 22-March 24 we've endured the wettest 18 months on record - and records began in 1836 :eek:
That confirms the reason for our new natural water feature.

Poor Coed. I hope he's able to mend. If he's no longer well enough to come for breakfast, he'd be easy to catch, and you may be able to keep him from starving to death if he hasn't already.

Do you know of a bird dog who could help you flush or track him (gently)? Either way, he's hopefully enjoyed his time as an extraordinary honorary chicken as much as you've enjoyed having him and we've enjoyed seeing his pictures.

Pheasants are ground roosting birds. But, their nests are very hard to find even if you manage to follow one to the general location. If you can get within three feet of the bird then I would try throwing a large bathtowel over it if you want to catch it.

You could use a net like they do for butterflies.

Update on the Pinecone & Laserbeak babies:
1712855530961.png

1712855557363.png

1712855580536.png

And this adorable little fluff ball hatched out of a Skeksis Jr egg yesterday:
1712855634001.png

1712855647231.png

Back
Top Bottom