Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I love the names! My sussex is Agnes šŸ˜Š. I want more, they seem to be curious, sassy, bold little ladies with so much character! Everybody around here knows Agnes, she's always up to something!
Mine would stand on these remotes I have at the edge of a nightstand, look at me, and launch herself off of the remotes, causing them to fall and the batteries fly out. She taught the others and (I can't remember which one) one of them broke one. Don't worry, I ended up replacing that system that used the busted remote because it didn't perform the greatest, but the remotes are still there. I'm thinking of setting up a scoreboard since this summer they're practically guaranteed to be coming inside again.

Yes in cold refrigerator.
USDA is 10 days from slaughter to sell by date.

Also used to be common to hang unplucked and not gutted birds. People in USA totally freak about that nowadays.
https://honest-food.net/on-hanging-pheasants-2/

Birds sold in stores are usually thrown in a common water bath to cool. If an intestine is nicked the fecal matter is in the water and all are contaminated. That's why some are air chilled, which cost more.
I saw this and thought of you :D
1713450172679.png

needless to say, where I saw it offered no source or credit for this old image; it's just another one of the millions of photos copied and circulated on social media. I assume it's genuine not photoshopped.

I saw this and thought of you :D
View attachment 3804736
needless to say, where I saw it offered no source or credit for this old image; it's just another one of the millions of photos copied and circulated on social media. I assume it's genuine not photoshopped.
I have seen similar pictures , just not that quantity :eek: .
Usually one or two rows

I have often purchased marked-down meat, with the intent to freeze it for later consumption. It does need to be checked for spoilage the same day, then properly wrapped for deep freeze. We recently ate a roast that had been frozen in 2022, and it tasted fine.

I use a vacuum sealer and it keeps your food good.

A few months ago I fixed a rib eye steak that was frozen in 2019 and it was delicious.

I may have made a wardrobe error. I have this wool submariners roll neck jumper. It's Merino wool and very comfortable and while not quite as warm as the equivelant high tech thermal type clothing it has breathability and good themal properties when damp. I highly recommend them. Nice warm neck and hardly any draft. It just feels comfortable.I wear it all winter when I go to do the chickens. I normally wash it twice a year, once midwinter and again when I think the temperature is going to head into double figures. I sort of forgot mid winter wash and it is now rather grubby. I put it in to soak a couple of days ago. I'm still working on getting it clean two days later.:p Cuffs and neck were, well, sort of grey heading on black.:lol: The thing is, it was 5C again at the field with a 20mph wind.:rant

Two and a half hours today. One very light shower.
P4180608.JPG
P4180609.JPG
P4180610.JPG
P4180611.JPG

This song describes Henry, Carbon and Fret rather well currently. It's all been eat, bathe,preen, hassle Bucket Boy for grub and generally take it easy.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom