Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I've a solution, STOP FEEDING THEM!

I've read about towns banning people from feeding waterfowl at ponds and lakes on public property. We have Canada geese on the nearby university campus, and when they go foraging around the buildings they leave lots of nasty "land mines" on the sidewalks.

I've heard countless stories and seen countless videos on Canadian geese attacking pedestrians, but to be perfectly honest with you, I'd quite enjoy having geese nesting over here.

I'm sure the chasing isn't that bad either; surely a step down from getting chased by feral LGD packs :D

This is a good point. Phones – especially around chickens, gardens, rain, dirt – don't last long. I can never quite talk myself into shelling big bucks for one. I will pay for more device storage because I take oodles of pictures and videos with my phone, top quality or not.
I bought a camera for taking photos. I still use my phone for quite a bit since lugging a camera around the backyard is a pain in the hand.

Bumble Jr
received_1185824518988322.jpeg

The frizzle baby of Pinecone & Laserbeak (by lineage the nephew of Bumble Jr)
received_805441164582331.jpeg

I've heard countless stories and seen countless videos on Canadian geese attacking pedestrians, but to be perfectly honest with you, I'd quite enjoy having geese nesting over here.

I'm sure the chasing isn't that bad either; surely a step down from getting chased by feral LGD packs :D
We have 7 separate mated pairs and their offspring that use our pond as a broody haven. I keep taking Toots out, hoping the mum with the 2 newest babies, will show interest in adopting him, now that he seems fully recovered. It would be great if he could actually get raised naturally.

The white gander at the field is pretty aggressive to everybody, except to Lima when she was alive. I did write about it at the time. Lima met the white gander in a narrow space and the gander gave it the head drop and wag and major hissing, Lima went for him. Sweary boy gander lost his balance and ended up on his back and Lima set about him. It was all over very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom