Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Half an hour this morning. It was raining. After a family lunch out I got back to the field at around 6pm. In theory this gives a bit over three hours of daylight time.
This lot go to roost early. They were all in by 8pm.:confused:
All the chicks can do the ramp now much to everyones relief. Fret had them in before the rest. Whe Fret was still trying to get the chicks in, none of the others could go to roost while there were chicks on the ramp and Fret was going in and out of the pop door.
That is probably the last of me holding/handling the chicks.

IMG_20240526_184502_362.jpg
IMG_20240526_184506_455.jpg
IMG_20240526_202436_281.jpg

I like the leaf chick feeder. I might try that if I can find a suitable leaf.
:D That was an inspiration. I got some discarded produce for free at the farmers' market, it was either collards or cabbage. Since I only had one chick feeder for two brooders I used an uneaten leaf from the run floor for Rahab's group.

Today they used an upsidedown rubber tub, no problems. Rahab showed them what to do.
IMG_20240526_172326899~2.jpg

Good Momma!
:love

Be carefull in trusting an external harddrive. I had two, and they both died after about 5 years.

No chicken talk -> tax.
Ini mini and Katrientje.
View attachment 3844999
I ensure mine come from a reputable brand. I also make sure they're the big ones. I also have a dock so I can just buy internal hard drives instead. Those usually last longer.

Back
Top Bottom