Shannon from Rainy Washington

Thank you for all the warm welcomes :)

I’ve been holding about 97.5 degrees and 30% to 40% humidity. The tape is on one of the eggs due to too much weight being lost early on. So far the two remaining eggs are holding perfectly now. The two eggs that went bad lost a lot of weight too quickly, so I knew something was up with those. Then one by one they started to stink. You can actually sniff the egg and tell it’s rotten. Opened both and nothing was present. Stinky creamy soup?

The eBayer I purchased the chicken eggs from was FoxFirePapillions. They’re in Idaho, so not too far for Washington delivery. Perfectly packaged box and extra eggs. I was still learning so unfortunately I only got half of each batch. Humidity was too high. But the eBayer provided fertile, good eggs.

I would have to say the hardest part so far with chimkens was having to cull a baby. It had a slipped tendon and I didn’t know that if caught right away it could be corrected.

Culling babies is a very difficult job. :hugs

Ok... so the questions about the tape has made me think. If their weight is holding well now, I should be able to remove tape and keep humidity closer to 40%.

I don’t need the information on them, just need to know which way to turn and top from bottom.

Will give it a try!

Eggs are turned left to right not end over end. Like the rocking of a ship, 1/3 rd to the left a 1/3rd to the right. You can mark the eggs with chalk if you need to.

@Pyxis Are you online?

I am now :)

Welcome to BYC Shannon! Feel free to drop by my emu chat thread if you'd like:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/pyxis-emu-chat-thread.1221896/

Good luck with the eggs! I had to tape a couple of mine last year for excessive weight loss when they were in the incubator with other eggs. Eventually I just put them in their own incubator and increased the humidity to what they needed so the tape wasn't necessary any more. They hatched :)

Back
Top Bottom