Shannon from Rainy Washington

ShannonsChimkens

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jan 4, 2020
Arlington Washington
Hello. I am here due to an addiction I have with animals. I love them and want to be around them all the time. If I could quit my job and spend all day with them I would!

I’m 35 and have raised all my little humans. 1 is out to the house and 2 are teenagers that want nothing to do with parents. So now I’m left with dogs and poultry. We purchased 6 acres that already had a perfect setup for chickens. No ground predators due to good fencing and electric fencing.

We currently have 4 dogs, 17 little chimkens, 4 adults and 4 guineas. 2 emu eggs left in the incubator (about 4 weeks to go), but not having high hopes for them though as I started with 4.

So far this site has been very informative over the last 2 months of chicken keeping. I’m sure I’ll have some questions in the future, but I do research a lot, so won’t be bugging everyone too much.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Hello Shannon and welcome to BYC! :frow

We are all hopelessly addicted to our critters, along with being huge enablers to get more! :lol: You will fit right in here. Empty nest syndrome surely pushes one to get more "babies". :)

Make yourself at home here Shannon and welcome to our community! :)

inCollage_20200102_140930386.jpg

Of course there’s a bunch of crazy chicken people from Washington... I should have known. Finally stopped raining 20 minutes ago, running outside to get some stuff done before it starts again!

I did the whole eBay hatching thing and found a good source. 99% of the eggs are fertile, but my incubators aren’t the best. I will only buy eggs from her at this point though. Received a bunk batch of Cemanis and won’t do that again.

The current assortment is as follows...

4 Ayam Cemanis (LOVE them)
4 Isbars (LOVE them)
4 Marans - 3 blue, 1 assorted color
2 Pavlovskayas (stand off ish)
1 Flower hen
1 Legbar or Basque hen, not sure yet
1 Blue Laced Red Wayandotte
4 Guineas, 2 pair

The 4 adults I pretty much adopted are Rhode Island Red crosses.

The brooder box is empty and I can’t have it. Attached is a video I took this morning because of the pest issue I’m trying to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom