Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

I posted some resources on the first post that should help you guys a bit. As for candling dark eggs, I just have a REALLY bright flashlight, like 90 lumens at least. It's not an LED and the light is so concentrated that you can see up to 50 meters away or something.

Last edited:
I just splurged and bought a mini LED mag lite flashlight that is 226 lumen's, I am hoping to be able to see into our darker brown Cochin eggs tomorrow night for our 7 day candle. And the top is only like an inch wide, so it should concentrate the light really well (I hope!). Maybe try to find something at your local store that might be brighter then what you have. The Mag lite was around $26.00.

This is one of my duck egg.. date i got it out of the coop was 2/27

Chicken egg from the first part of his month..

another chicken egg..

OUT of like 4 dozen eggs i have about 6 that look like these here and hen about another 6 that has black spots in them.. my camera died and couldnt get anymore pics

I can't wait to do duck eggs later this season. Do you know what days correspond to chicken candling days? Like Day 3, 7, 14, 18 for chicken eggs

im not sure this is the first time ive incubated any eggs at all.. most of the time we let the ducks and chickens raise them during the summer. only did the incubator this time because i was wanting to raise some turkey to sell and the weathers been weird hot one day below freezing the next so i thought it best to incubate them.... Im nost sure if the chicken eggs are on time LMFAO.. i am just learning

I am going to post pics of my candling tomorrow. It will be four days then. Will I see anything? There are nine eggs, can I take them all out throughout the day?

I am going to post pics of my candling tomorrow. It will be four days then. Will I see anything? There are nine eggs, can I take them all out throughout the day?

You should see a small spider of veins depending on the thickness of the shell. Feel free to post pics!

Also Ive been told that some eggs are porous which make them harder to hatch, how can i tell if they are porous?

Back
Top Bottom