Share your history of feeder/waterer setups pros and cons?

Pics
Hi there! So, I’ve come to the point where my coops, run, feeders, basically everything is going to be revamped…. I’ve had my flock for 1 1/2 years and have learned what I need vs what I don’t need. Lol, looks like I have some hard work to do too! 😫. I will probably have lots of questions for people to contribute advice but for now…. My question is how to keep the squirrels out of my chicken feeders!!! I’m using the bucket method with the auto cups for access…. I have the fastest squirrels I’ve ever seen now!
I have several options…. But I’m looking for something that can hold enough feed to allow a little more freedom when I must leave….

Also, I’ve been told the water nibbles work great if they are horizontal not the vertical…. But how to teal my hens to use this method?? I live on the Southern border of Texas…. Water heats up real fast here…. I know I have several water connection options when using the nipples, people suggesting a big barrel with filter action system or traction similar to what is used in water troughs… however I can help but think that will still be hot water…. Any suggestions??

Back
Top Bottom