Share your snow scene pictures.

Pics
Quote:
Neener...neener...we got frost. Blue sky now...

Nice shots of the snow sculptures, BTW.
yesss.gif

Still nothing up here. Glad the mud froze, though. If we don't get an inch tonight, we might have skated through the whole thing.

The weather has been really strange and sporadic here. We got 3-4 inches of snow overnight and into the early morning. A lady we met this afternoon who lives in Marion told us they got 2 feet of snow overnight and she said her relatives in Whitefish didn't get any snow last night. Really crazy, huh?

I question that 2 feet in Marion. The Mesowest weather stations don't show anywhere near that much precipitation anywhere between Lolo Pass and Flathead Lake. Maybe she meant she had 2 feet on the ground as of this morning?

She said 2 feet overnight, but since I haven't been to Marion today I don't know whether they actually had that or not, but you may be right about that about the two feet on the ground. That's about the depth of the snow on our property right now.

Quote:
I know I'm being a jerk, but Marion is at the south end of Little Bitterroot Lake, and the Boorman RAWS weather station is at the north end. Over the past 5 days they've had .40" of precipitation. The temperature has been between 8 and 27 degrees. According to data tables, at those temps 4/10" of precipitation would equal between 6" and 12" of snow.
Just sayin'........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom