Sharing my new babies

MrsLarson

Chirping
May 20, 2020
I'm new to Backyard Chickens. And a new chicken Mama. We just got our first chicks on May 19, 2020. A friend ordered from Murray McMurray Hatchery and gave us four, of our choice.

We don't know their breeds. I'm still trying to figure that out. We are excited at the anticipation of finding out as we watch them grow. We do know they are of four different breeds. Not much but at least it's something, LOL.

Me, my husband, and our twin, teenage daughters each picked one out. We finally got them all named yesterday. Sophie is mine. Lu Lu is hubby's.

2020-05-22 11.11.27.jpg

I'm hoping to learn a lot about chickens and, hopefully make a few friends in the meantime. ☺

Last edited:
They are adorable!!
How old are they?
We are assuming they were born May 17th or 18th. So about a week. Today they have about four or five rows of wing feathers and you can finally see their tail feathers coming in. We are loving watching them grow!

Yesterday we gave them their first earthworm. Just a baby earthworm, as we don't want to mess up their diets too much.

They are messy and smelly, but I'm already in love!!

We moved the chicks (hatched 05/17/2020) to a bigger cage as they have already outgrown the brooder we had. It's a cage our Nanday Conure used years ago. We sat it in front of our parlor's picture window. They are loving it!

20200526_102614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom