Shaw and the Hound

I never want a hound.
:oops:
He's a handful for sure. Definitely never going to be an off leash dog unless your hunting.
But compared to other dogs I have had he is also a lot more fun. šŸ’
He makes me crack up laughing every day and he keeps me moving and being active. Hounds when they aren't napping have gots to be entertained :old

Mason got an ouchie this morning. šŸ˜’ he got a pretty good slice on his leg there from a piece of metal trim we had in the yard we should've picked up a long time ago.
I heard him yelp when he was over by it But he went on about his business like nothing happened.
I didn't notice till later when we went inside and he was bleeding all over the floor. :th
20200601_133434.jpg
he stood still and let me clean it and bandage it.
And he hasn't bothered the bandage. Amazing!

They are adorable!
I gave some serious thought to a beagle. Or a beagle Basset mix. But I wanted something just a little bigger than a beagle.
What kind of "issues" do they have? Were they abused?
They were very abused and neglected it has given them a bit of ptsd and fear of bearded men. When we got them they were 1&2yrs olds my female weighed 8lbs and the male weighed 12lbs They're supposed to be 25-30lb dogs and it has stunted there growth so they are a lot smaller than the average beagle she now weighs 21lbs and he weighs 25lbs and They're happy healthy well adjusted dogs and are slowly getting used to my husband (he has facial hair) on a positive note when the social distancing is over they get to start search and rescue classes so they will get called out on rescues when they finish there classes

Mason got an ouchie this morning. šŸ˜’ he got a pretty good slice on his leg there from a piece of metal trim we had in the yard we should've picked up a long time ago.
I heard him yelp when he was over by it But he went on about his business like nothing happened.
I didn't notice till later when we went inside and he was bleeding all over the floor. :thView attachment 2171800he stood still and let me clean it and bandage it.
And he hasn't bothered the bandage. Amazing!
I just noticed that his name is Mason and that is my sons name

if you have never owned a hound of any kind or have the patience of a saint beagles are not for you they can be trying on your patience with potty training and taking off they have a one track mind especially when they catch a sent
I can believe that!
My hubby said I didn't want a beagle. I am not sure how a different hound is any different/better .. but at least I don't have to bend over as far to reach him. šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom