Shaw and the Hound

Pics
So....sent hounds are hardwired to hunt. Not for everyone. No dog is for everyone. But I never take a dog off the property without a leash.^

Speaking of....its our first hot & humid day. Hound was out for 3 hours. Came in & immediately ended up on the leather couch upside down cooling his "bits" off!
😄 yeah it's pretty warm here too.
Mason is pretty content to stay inside as well.

Begging for a bite of my food.
Who could resist that face and sweet little chin resting on my leg?
20200602_220954_HDR.jpg

so my bratty beagles decided that they were going to take off to the woods earlier today and came home Hero's. They both took off earlier and I called and called and nothing then my neighbor came flying out of her house are the girls at your house she has twin girls that seem to find their way to my house without asking i said no why she has been looking for them for 2hrs she didn't think I was home so she didn't come look at my house so in the mean time my beagles are on the hot sent of something they are howling and barking then 10 minutes later here comes the Hero's pulling the girls by there skirts girls are crying dogs are howling their mom is crying and I'm praising the Hero's the girl's went for a walk got off the trail and got lost the dogs must have heard them crying or something so my neighbor made the Hero's steak to thank them

well I barely BYC these days, but when I do... I always see what Shaw and Mason are roughin up... 😉

Every time I see him ( handsome as he is) my innards scream “too cold nosed!!!” .....

but that’s ingrained local houndsman thinking (ignores it)

Raise him as you see fit and admire him for what he is and....

well you have the rest up your sleeve... being not new to dogs...

Alll others... listen up... and or share... hounds is hounds... making hound puppies into fur babies is probably a fool’s errand...

but I’d have to consult my cat on that 😉...

I gotta hunch Shaw has this—- and/or will have this ‘making a pooch a pet’ thing figured out... or will shortly 😉
Hounds are a handful I already said if you have never had hounds or you don't have the patience of a saint hounds especially beagles are not for you

Back
Top Bottom