Shaw and the Hound

Pics
Little one went home last night. He barked and barked as they pulled out of the driveway but I don't think he is sad. He's been glued to my side I think he's happy to have my full attention again. Big brat! He even crawled up in my lap and sat there a long while in the recliner last night. He hasn't done that for quite a while. Lol.
20200809_103839_HDR.jpg

He really did not like that pup taking his spot next to me on the bench in the mornings.

Pearl became a hound dog last night.

We had a friend stop by, I had been canning so the house was hot, so we sat on the deck. We left Pearl in the house on accident, sort of.

After about 20 minutes we started hearing a mournful howl. I thought it might have been the wolves, but it sounded closer. The WW ( who has extreme hearing through years of practice and can hear a playboy centerfold being opened at 200 yards) said it sounds like it’s coming from the house, she said it must be Pearl.

I disagreed because Pearl has only howled when answering the wolves or Coyotes. I went to look in the house and I saw her through the window, she was Lying on the floor crying and howling because she was in the house and not out with our company.

As soon as I opened the door and called for her the howling stopped and she came running (as fast as a 12 year old obese lab can run) tail wagging and smiling to be out.

I have officially decided based on the howling, no hounds for us.

We had a friend stop by, I had been canning so the house was hot, so we sat on the deck. We left Pearl in the house on accident, sort of.

After about 20 minutes we started hearing a mournful howl. I thought it might have been the wolves, but it sounded closer. The WW ( who has extreme hearing through years of practice and can hear a playboy centerfold being opened at 200 yards) said it sounds like it’s coming from the house, she said it must be Pearl.

I disagreed because Pearl has only howled when answering the wolves or Coyotes. I went to look in the house and I saw her through the window, she was Lying on the floor crying and howling because she was in the house and not out with our company.

As soon as I opened the door and called for her the howling stopped and she came running (as fast as a 12 year old obese lab can run) tail wagging and smiling to be out.

You know...Mason does not really ever howl. 💁
The bay/bark sound is totally different than my labs howl sound. The labs howl about the train, the fire whistle, the coyotes or to be let out into the yard.

Oh and your description of saint Judy's hearing was coffee spit worthy. Luckily I had just swallowed.

Shaw...he sure is a momas boy. You seem to have a close relationship. Guess you'll have to be the one to hunt test him. Nothing like running through the woods in the middle of the night. Sounds like he enjoyed having company. But obviously enjoying curling up with you. They are so affectionate

Poor Pearl! She was sad she was being left out! Mine doesn't howl but when he let's loose you can hear him all over the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom