shawndas banty cochin adventure

jarvis

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
potosi
So I have decided that I'm in absolute love with bantam cochins :) I have about ten that I've got from a few people and I'm loving them their colors and personality are awesome
So phase one will begin in about a month ..
I plan on ordering a few of each color variety from each hatchery probably a few weeks apart each to make it easier to tell them all apart
As I'm in missouri I'm starting with cackle :)
I plan on getting some from ideal and murrary mcmurray
And I found a local breeder with some interesting color projects
Meyer only has one variety :-( so I will probably not even order from them ..

So first question. What other hatcherys should I look into or any good breeders that will ship chicks not eggs ( I'm not a great hatcher but I have good luck with chicks)

I will post my birds in a few minutes :)

Ok so the adults I'm stadting with are three splash a roo and two hens
A pair of birchen
A blue hen with extravagant feet feathers
A blue hen with red feathering
And a partridge hen

Also have a buff silky and a white silky cochin mix

I don't have any Cochins from Cackle, I've only got one right now, a mottled Cochin hen (she lives with my Silkies). I love her, which is no surprise, I've loved all of my Cochins. I've raised both bantams and standards, and their personalities are just amazing.

There is a Cochin thread (several of them, actually) in the Breeds, Genetics and Showing section of the forum. If you go there and look through them, there are lots of great pictures and people to chat with. I'm sure someone there has gotten them from Cackle.
Good luck :)

I pick my chicks up on the 12th ! yayyyyyyyy

well half of the ones im getting from cackle .. they have 11 varieties i'm getting six this time through four of each =) since im pickin up at the hatchery .. I mayyyy come home with others lol =D
I love this time of year ... now if my ducks will just get to laying and going broody!

also went ahead and order six of each of the local guys project chicks =) he has calicos ! and some frizzle projects =D
yay !

Back
Top Bottom