Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I had a scare this morning. I didn't lock my ducks up last night, because I was being lazy and the stupid drakes never go in until like 9.
So the ramp was open all night, and this morning I couldn't find them! I searched the coops, the fields, the woods, under the porch, there was no trace of them!
Dread filled me, as I envisioned a coon sneaking in and carrying them all off. It was my fault too, for not locking them up, and now I had no ducks.

Accepting that any moment I would find Gilbert or Daphne's head, eyes staring unseeing up at me, or a foot, I walked to the side of the house, by the patio, though I knew they wouldn't be there, because they never went down there.
But I heard the quack of my drakes, and praise God, all four were sleeping in the coral bells! I scolded them for scaring me, and herded them back to the backyard.
I've learned my lesson, and will make the extra effort to keep my ungrateful ducks alive.
Oh gosh that's scary!! Even the big ducks can hide so good they make me panic now and then.
20180526_155559.jpg

I had a scare this morning. I didn't lock my ducks up last night, because I was being lazy and the stupid drakes never go in until like 9.
So the ramp was open all night, and this morning I couldn't find them! I searched the coops, the fields, the woods, under the porch, there was no trace of them!
Dread filled me, as I envisioned a coon sneaking in and carrying them all off. It was my fault too, for not locking them up, and now I had no ducks.

Accepting that any moment I would find Gilbert or Daphne's head, eyes staring unseeing up at me, or a foot, I walked to the side of the house, by the patio, though I knew they wouldn't be there, because they never went down there.
But I heard the quack of my drakes, and praise God, all four were sleeping in the coral bells! I scolded them for scaring me, and herded them back to the backyard.
I've learned my lesson, and will make the extra effort to keep my ungrateful ducks alive.

You can only imagine the joy of being duxless........

Gilbert would have been the one I was less upset about dying, he's gotten so much worse, he is a tyrannical little monster, but when I pick him up and glare at him for attacking my feet he's just so cute with those blue eyes and chubby cheeks, I can't stay mad at him. Everyone gets chased now, and their Achilles' heel jabbed. But he's going soon I hope to his new home, and I get some nice females. Unfortunately that white call the lady is keeping, because someone STOLE her white drake! But I get a blue one and 2 blacks

Gilbert would have been the one I was less upset about dying, he's gotten so much worse, he is a tyrannical little monster, but when I pick him up and glare at him for attacking my feet he's just so cute with those blue eyes and chubby cheeks, I can't stay mad at him. Everyone gets chased now, and their Achilles' heel jabbed. But he's going soon I hope to his new home, and I get some nice females. Unfortunately that white call the lady is keeping, because someone STOLE her white drake! But I get a blue one and 2 blacks
Lol. Those dang drakes. I had forgotten that Ralphie is highly offended by painted toenails. It was an outrage when I walked into the palace yesterday wearing my flip flops . . orange toes MUST be pinched!!

No new ducklings yet either, but momma Phoebe really wanted out of the temporary enclosure I built around her. So I opened a spot for her to get out. She ran out, squirted a huge, major stinky poop, took a little drink of the rain water from a puddle, and went back to her peeping baby.
WP_20180605_16_23_37_Pro (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom