Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I was asking a question based on your post...Do hens quackle or not?

Quackle Defined:

The fine art of quacking.
Oh. . lol. Yes they do. It was just that I was sure gimpy was a Drake until the last couple days. My call duck hens have a much higher pitched quack than the big ducks do. Gimpy duck is starting to make a honking sound. Nothing like the other call ducks.

Oh. . lol. Yes they do. It was just that I was sure gimpy was a Drake until the last couple days. My call duck hens have a much higher pitched quack than the big ducks do. Gimpy duck is starting to make a honking sound. Nothing like the other call ducks.
like a call goose?

I'm so confused by this duck. Look at this curly feather! I wasn't crazy. . it does have a curly feather back there!
20180721_140619.jpg
not that it's a main tail feather. . but still. Strange!

Can anyone find a diagram of exactly where the Achilles tendon is in a ducks leg? I'm assuming it runs down the back side.. .I think I feel it. It seems kind of "loose" for lack of better words. The swelling looks a little better. She got the sling part off last night and was standing up on it. :th
I give her a short swim break, then I just wrapped the medical tape around her leg for stability. This duck may just be gimpy for life. I'll probably keep her if she is indeed a girl.

Can anyone find a diagram of exactly where the Achilles tendon is in a ducks leg? I'm assuming it runs down the back side.. .I think I feel it. It seems kind of "loose" for lack of better words. The swelling looks a little better. She got the sling part off last night and was standing up on it. :th
I give her a short swim break, then I just wrapped the medical tape around her leg for stability. This duck may just be gimpy for life. I'll probably keep her if she is indeed a girl.
She really sounds like a girl in that video.:th So bizarre.

@
@GldnValleyHens
Did you ever hatch/find some more call ducks?
@GldnValleyHens
Did you ever hatch/find some more call ducks?
Hey! Sorry I have been missing in action for weeks. I don’t have anymore call ducks but the three I have are getting so big!Unfortunately a coon broke into my coop and killed three of my ducks so I’m back to four. Daphne, Gilbert and Jasper are dead. .
I have only Jemima left, the one who got an eye injury if you remember. The new ones are Odette, Leia, and Rey. I hope I have a drake so I can name it Han Solo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom