Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

HEY I just remembered I DID have one other pastel from duck and Jane that made it to hatch! It was one of the ones I traded for the three unrelated females. I just text her to see if she remembers if it was a girl or not. :clap
Would be nice if she still has it maybe I could get a picture. :woot
She takes forever to text me back usually. . so I'll be waiting a while in sure. :barnie

And what about Limpy? Where did he come from?

Ah ha! Ok. That was the missing link. So drakes can pass it on to both sons and daughters. . hence the reason thea was able to pass it to little tiger. . meaning tigers dad had a chocolate gene also. . meaning duck had to pass it to Ralphie dux. . Ralphie dux is the father of Alex the blue Bibb .. Who then fathered both chocolate colored ducklings.
:lau:lau:lau
In theory anyway. :lau
Did I get that somewhere in the ball park of accurately repeating what I think I've learned here? :gig

Yes :) Ralphie got chocolate from Duck, then passed it to the blue bibbed, who then fathered all the chocolate extended black ducklings. Ralphie ALSO passed his chocolate gene to Drako, and Drako is Thea's son, so he got chocolate from her too, so he is expressing chocolate, not just carrying it. That is, if this theory is correct :p

Screenshot_2018-12-07-09-40-33.png
so here is something interesting. The "pastel" duckling I remember trading to my friend looked just like this one pictured. I remember asking if it was indeed pastel cause it's down was a lot more brown than thea as a duckling. I'm gonna go back and see if I can find a picture.

IMG_1724.jpg
I think this is it. . gotta go check the date. I totally forgot about this one. It was another little runt that almost died. I can't believe I forgot about it.

Screenshot_2018-04-24-18-20-55.png
Screenshot_2018-04-14-19-55-30.png
comparison photos of Daisy and Daphne. My incubator babies. Believed to be the blue fawn mother. Ralphie or Memphis (grey drake) could've fathered these. Most likely Ralphie though.

View attachment 1610751 so here is something interesting. The "pastel" duckling I remember trading to my friend looked just like this one pictured. I remember asking if it was indeed pastel cause it's down was a lot more brown than thea as a duckling. I'm gonna go back and see if I can find a picture.

I know I am not a dux person and find them reprehensible, but I wonder about education in Genetics the person in the ad has. For a sport to occur and just happen to be the same color as other dux and still be unrelated to "any" other dux of that color has me scratching my head a little...

I know I am not a dux person and find them reprehensible, but I wonder about education in Genetics the person in the ad has. For a sport to occur and just happen to be the same color as other dux and still be unrelated to "any" other dux of that color has me scratching my head a little...
Wilt does sport mean anyway?

Sport is a term used to describe a trait that occasionally shows up but cannot be reproduced over and over as I understand it. I have mainly seen it used to describe white birds from colored parents. Many used the term with Legbar chickens when the whites first started to appear. They are not a sport because they will breed true and you can predict the frequency of the whites if you keep accurate records and know the parents. Which is how I got a decent sized flock of white legbars, which we hope to have recognized by the APA.

Back
Top Bottom