Shaws Snow day Silliness and Southie Sense of humor Thread

I didn't think it would be. Pheasants and grouse certainly are gorgeous birds, but people do hunt and eat them as well.
I wouldn't have even thought about eating them if it wasn't for @R2elk, lol.
I would love to have some pheasant one day, just to keep for eye candy :love
The common Chinese ringnecked pheasant, Phanisaus colchicus colchicus is not that expensive to raise nor bring very much when sold, might be lucky to get $25 a pair or trio.
Costs alot to go hunting them, though!
ETA - I do raise a few extra ringneckeds for the freezer but their not my 'high dollar' birds. I :love pheasant, it's way better than chicken!

Last edited:
Call me a wuss, but I couldn’t finish watching it. If I didn’t have birds it probably wouldn’t have bothered me, but I place myself as being the owner of the poor unfortunate bird. No Can Do! But, very interesting!
Don't get turkeys. Turkey toms may try to breed anything that isn't moving. I had a gander that got his head struck through a fence. The BBB tom found him and had his way with him. I don't know whether the gander was alive at the time or not. He was dead by the time I found him.

I didn't think it would be. Pheasants and grouse certainly are gorgeous birds, but people do hunt and eat them as well.
I wouldn't have even thought about eating them if it wasn't for @R2elk, lol.
I would love to have some pheasant one day, just to keep for eye candy :love
Pheasants are delicious especially if pen raised and processed like a chicken rather than full of bird shot and carried around all day with the guts still in them.

Don't get turkeys. Turkey toms may try to breed anything that isn't moving. I had a gander that got his head struck through a fence. The BBB tom found him and had his way with him. I don't know whether the gander was alive at the time or not. He was dead by the time I found him.

Yeah, for sure, turkeys are just as bad! Even worse I think are my sweet and innocent looking quail, they are evil little buggers.👿

This is an interesting bird, never heard of it before.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know why all that code is on there, lol.
Oh there she is, wondered where she went. My broody black Ameraucana chasing away the intruder :wee :gig

Thank you. Things like that are good to know! Sad, but good.

Apparently some people would, and more.
View attachment 2496489
Chef Chris Large made the burger with Kobe Wagyu beef and New Zealand venison to create a 280 gram patty seasoned with smoked Himalayan salt. In the middle is black truffle brie which melts when cooked.
Lobster poached in Iranian saffron and maple syrup coated streaky bacon also feature in the bun alongside Beluga caviar and hickory smoked duck egg covered in gold leaf. The bun is also coated in gold leaf and seasoned with Japanese matcha and cream mayonnaise.

*edited to add, it's $1,700.00!
:sick

Back
Top Bottom