Shaws Snow day Silliness and Southie Sense of humor Thread

Some folks ask me the same thing about some of my birds....I respond with "Would you eat $400?" :lol:

Apparently some people would, and more.
1611154213891.png

Chef Chris Large made the burger with Kobe Wagyu beef and New Zealand venison to create a 280 gram patty seasoned with smoked Himalayan salt. In the middle is black truffle brie which melts when cooked.
Lobster poached in Iranian saffron and maple syrup coated streaky bacon also feature in the bun alongside Beluga caviar and hickory smoked duck egg covered in gold leaf. The bun is also coated in gold leaf and seasoned with Japanese matcha and cream mayonnaise.

*edited to add, it's $1,700.00!

Last edited:
Apparently some people would, and more.
View attachment 2496489
Chef Chris Large made the burger with Kobe Wagyu beef and New Zealand venison to create a 280 gram patty seasoned with smoked Himalayan salt. In the middle is black truffle brie which melts when cooked.
Lobster poached in Iranian saffron and maple syrup coated streaky bacon also feature in the bun alongside Beluga caviar and hickory smoked duck egg covered in gold leaf. The bun is also coated in gold leaf and seasoned with Japanese matcha and cream mayonnaise.
AB4694DE-6631-4976-9BB6-0AC5836C9E6D.gif

Is it even feasible to raise grouse in captivity as a food source?
If you collected eggs, incubated them and pen raised the chicks, would they even get to eating size before they started fighting with each other?
No, it is not feasible. Some raise them for their beauty, others to keep pure blood lines, and offer adult, juveniles, eggs to others who want to do the same....here again, would you eat $400 or $3,000 birds? And it's not just the money that these birds command, there is a great amount of pride in having a great breeding program and being able to offer these birds to others, in the hope that they will continue the pure lines.

Apparently they are rather aggressive, but I don't know. I wonder too if they even lay much in captivity. I wouldn't mind paying for a trio if they reproduced well... just curious.
They are alot like any gamebird, in that they will defend their territory against intruders, via that be other cock birds or sometimes humans.
Some only lay a few eggs per breeding season, some may lay between 25 - 50 eggs, depends on the species.

Back
Top Bottom