She cant walk, acts like shes drunk

I am glad that she still is alert and trying to move around. For best nutrition, I would stick with her balanced chicken feed—possibly making it wet with water, adding a tsp of plain yogurt, chopped egg, a bit of meat or liver if you need to tempt her. But the feed should make up 90% of what she eats. Some use meal worms for protein.
Good luck, and I would continue the vitamins.

Hmm, I might try that. She is a lot more active and eats more when I mess with her. She would probably like to be up in a sling. Im going to have to research this and see what she does. She is very interested in her surroundings and is still eating and drinking with gusto.

Is there anything I can feed her to help her put on weight? I gave her scrambled eggs this morning and she didnt like them lol
Here's a link to some ideas
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-a-chicken-sling.1115597/
Just remember to cut 3rd hole for her vent, if you don't want her to become Ms PoopyButt.
I usually give them mashed up hard boiled egg, but like @Eggcessive said, keep her mostly on her balanced feed is possible

Well, I lost her last night. She was doing SO good, had gained weight and was trying to stand. Eating a LOT, really getting active. And then Sat she just crashed, stopped eating, refused everything. I even tried a dropper and she was completely miserable. I held her last night and she was starting to wheeze, so I knew the disease had reached her respiratory system. Really thought she was pulling thru. Im so upset... And, I noticed one of my wyandottes was limping yesterday. I hope she doesnt have this... ugh. We are burying her in our pet cemetery tonight. She needs a good spot. Thanks for all of the advice. I was going to send her body off to confirm Mereks, but there's no point. I know what we have.

So sorry that you lost her (I know how heart breaking that is when you have nursed them along for weeks) and that you now have another showing a possible symptom. Keeping fingers crossed that the Wyandotte is just bumblefoot or minor strain, but this is how Marek's often manifests..... one sick every so often rather than them all coming down with it at the same time.

Very sorry to hear that you lost her. I hope that you can get her body tested to confirm if it was Mareks or not, by refrigerating her body, and getting the state vet or poultry lab to necropsy her.

Back
Top Bottom