She growled at me, so I gave her.....

What a cute post!
lau.gif
She'll get over it, not to worry! thanks for the laugh!! I needed it!
thumbsup.gif

Here's hoping she goes broody.

I have a couple of Wheaten Ameraucana hens that get real growly and clucky on me when they are sitting in the nest and peck my hand hard when I go to retrieve eggs from underneath them.

it's all hype though.

Quote:
No, after she lost three pink dresses in the woods (they're not as easy to find as you'd think they would be) she got switched to an honest-to-goodness two strap saddle. She figured out how to get out of that, so now she's wearing a three strap. Walked around backwards for two days trying to walk out from under it.
Next we resort to the staple gun.
he.gif

Quote:
No, after she lost three pink dresses in the woods (they're not as easy to find as you'd think they would be) she got switched to an honest-to-goodness two strap saddle. She figured out how to get out of that, so now she's wearing a three strap. Walked around backwards for two days trying to walk out from under it.
he.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lol.png
I have a very nice pneumatic staple gun. Care to borrow it? It even shoots nice little 1/4 inch staples....properly placed, it shouldn't kill her outright! *insert evil grin here!*

Last edited:
Quote:
he.gif

Ok, so it totally cracks me up that she was, and conveniently so, losing those pink dresses in the woods!!!

Quote:
he.gif

Ok, so it totally cracks me up that she was, and conveniently so, losing those pink dresses in the woods!!!

This hen and I are having a battle of wills. She sees me coming and she runs in the other direction. That's cuz she knows I am going to re-adjust her saddle and undo all the work she did in the night trying to get it off.
barnie.gif

I tell her if she wasn't such a hussey and didn't squat every time the rooster looked at her she wouldn't be in a saddle in the first place! She's the only one that's bare backed.

seriously, i started reading this thinking, Jax is a boy, who's growling? Then it digressd into hussy hens. Wow. That was a stretch LOL. Poor hen, maybe you should think of being nicer to your animals. Poor Jax. Poor Hen. What else are you harassing?

Quote:
Right now I have a houseful of people - 2 DSDs, the SIL, the grandson and a yappy chihuahua that thinks he can kick Jax's butt. We have to keep picking the little squirt up to keep Jax from eating him. Oh, and the chihuahua is not housebroken.
Took the chi out at 2 this morning because apparently DSD can't hear her puppy when he cries to go out. Kitty got out when I took the chi out, so I spent an hour chasing her this morning. Had to get Kitty back in the house before I could let the chooks out. Kitty is my chicken killer.
Tried to adjust Girlie's saddle when I let them out this morning and she growled at me some more. I'm now locked in the office with Jax to keep him out of trouble. I'm eyeing my new shotgun sitting in the gun case. It hasn't been fired...yet. I have more than harrassing on my mind.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom