She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I told you to leave that weird guy in the closet you better run
rant.gif
lau.gif

His mascara ran. . . does that count?

That is too funny!!!

But you missed one... Gene Hackman, The Birdcage...
lau.gif
gig.gif
It's too early for that kind of scary!

Mornin' everybirdy.

Last edited:
Yes it would. I'd love to try it but $46 is alot of money for eggs.
ETA: They wanted $30 for a dozen of barnyard mixes.

Just went back and looked at those lavenders. I thought $46 wasn't bad till I realized it was half-dozen!! Good news for me! I'll have my own to sell. And thanks for the comments that mine look better. I agree! :D

They were in lockdown when you were here, lol... wasn't sending them home with you... sorry... :plbb

Don't know yet if they have tufts, face fluff is still glued down...

Got a BCM baby now too...

Oh, and yes @chicapee I was up all night... and both survived to hatch... :D

Cutie!

This was our first year--dare I say--"farming", and I lost my thumbnail(it grew back fine) and broke BOTH my feet after never having broken a bone in my life(broke one chasing chickens and then wouldn't stay off of my feet, so soon after, broke t'other un).  There's definitely a learning curve.:gig

I was hoping you'd ask. ;)   There's an album on my page with a link in my sig, but it isn't very well laid out.  I'll take pics one by one tomorrow and create a new one.  Your help would be greatly appreciated. :highfive:

Giiiirrrrlll, I knew I liked you. ;)   I don't understand most women at all. I always got along better with guys, but even then, there can be some real chicken heads in the bunch.  I swear, the older I get, the less I talk(which is a good thing).  Even as little as I am on here, I say more in this thread than I ever do, irl.  I hope none of you take offense to this, but before I was used to BYC being so full of chicks, I almost always assumed that most users were guys(unless the screen name denoted otherwise).  In your case, too, LG.  Once I found out you guys were, in fact, girls, I had to keep reminding myself!  IMO, that should be taken as a compliment about your wise and gentle nature(or in some cases, tongue and cheeky attitude).
A fine example of why I thought Walnut was a guy for the longest.  *salivates buckets*

I know this was posted this morning and I'm likely never going to catch up tonight to see if anything changed between now and then, but in any case:
:fl x2

And you call Amylynn queenie? Love the dress.  Rhinestone's a good look for you.

That's more like it!! :gig  

Definitely more of my kind of women around here too! I can be girly when necessary, but would rather not these days. I love that so many of the women here are handy with tools and such. Girls can handle hammers and drills, yes we can!

+1!  I do feel like a lot of (mostly younger) people use the flag as an excuse to be offended, but some(mostly older) people have every right to feel the way they do.

Night, Friday. 

:lau x2!!

I am of the opinion that the industrialists pulled a fast one on everyone involved.  Slavery isn't over and neither is segregation. It only changed it's mask. 

:lau So I can hypnotize you to sleep?

As far as the flag, I think making such a big deal over it has probably made things worse. More division because of recent discussions over it. You can't please everybody.

will do on the backs and blues will keep you up on the whole 21 days

I think we will all be anxious to keep up on this hatch!

So 10pm last night started day 7. I couldn't stand the excitement any longer and decided to candle. I wish I could figure how to take better pictures with my phone.

looks like a wing lol

lots of veins in this one :)

not sure about this one.

or this one.

Some had very few veining, some had really good veining and a couple nothing so those would be duds right?

So 10pm last night started day 7. I couldn't stand the excitement any longer and decided to candle. I wish I could figure how to take better pictures with my phone.

looks like a wing lol

not sure about this one.

or this one.

Some had very few veining, some had really good veining and a couple nothing so those would be duds right?

Is this a round of chicks or ducks? Day 7 is still early. The small dark blob looks fine, its development, the big blob looks awfully big. They could both be ok, or infected. Definitely keep an eye on them. You should know your clears for sure in a few more days.
And pics usually look better when you shine down into the air cell, so you could try that, and see if it helps.

Is this a round of chicks or ducks? Day 7 is still early. The small dark blob looks fine, its development, the big blob looks awfully big. They could both be ok, or infected. Definitely keep an eye on them. You should know your clears for sure in a few more days.
And pics usually look better when you shine down into the air cell, so you could try that, and see if it helps.

Yes ducks. I try to be very thorough in my posts, but forgot that very important part lol.

If amazon has hatching eggs I'm in soooo much trouble, lol, I'm a Prime member

Me too! We are in trouble!
OK....Maybe I shouldn't tell you all this, but I WAS WRONG> You can buy eggs on Amazon!  lol  :lau

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hatching+eggs

R U serious???

don't know can't pry myself away to go check. something poked a hole in two of my eggs though .better go look I'm falling asleep  on the key board again

Congrats on the pips!!

For anyone that wants 1, there's a used Brinsea 20 on amazon for $90. I'd like to get it but I don't have the money right now.

Ohhh...I will go look! I have to live up to my new title! :cool:

I do know one of mine was imprisoned for desertion from the Confederate army. But some also fought and died for what they believed.

Can be made a lot of different ways, but it's basically eggs on tortillas smothered with green chile and cheese.

Hey - I wasn't the only one confused! (LOL) (Offered eggs or chicks and I took him up on it??) Will have to go back and read it again. :gig  

I LOVE southwestern food!! I can cook it really well too!

looks like a wing lol

not sure about this one.

or this one.

Day 7 is early for ducks. But take a good look at an egg with lots of veining, then compare it to the others. If they start they will have good veining but then if they quit that veining starts to recede. Also on the ones that quit, when you move/twist the egg to the left or right, the dead embryo will move with it. If it's healthy it will not move and be held in place by the chalaza. (I think I spelled that word right???).

Eta:because I sounded like a pirate. ;)

Last edited:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Calm, sun shining brightly, comfortable temperature, chickens all apparently healthy & happy to be let out of the coop, and one less possum to be concerned about.
Life is good, and all is well, so far.

Back
Top Bottom