She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I realize this is a long shot, but I found a bunch of feathers in our field today, like something had been attacked. Thankfully it wasn't any of my chickens. Hubby may have run over something mowing, but I have no idea what it might have been. Do these feathers look familiar to anyone? Most of them were only white, some had this gray/brown odd pattern coloring on them. Any ideas?

Up until today I was a firm believer in not disciplining another persons child. I actually had to yell at this girl several times today. I asked her to be quiet because the baby was crying and she started screaming, on purpose. Screaming! What the heck! Either really bad parenting or she has issues, or both. I've had different kids, from all different backgrounds come over and for the most part they have always been nice and polite. Not her. And she did open the chicken run and grab a chicken!! Never again!!
I meant to ask you about her, like 3 times today and I kept forgetting! I hope she lasts the next 18 days!!!
smile.png
I'm hoping they make it to day 21 too. To be honest, once there's significant growth, if for some reason she stopped brooding, you know I'd get the bator back out. I couldn't just knowingly let them die. But I really really really hope she sees it through. I think she'll be a good mom if she does.

as well she should be!

tumblr_m5a4526uY11qb57azo1_1280.jpg

Superman would look a bit happier than that, irl, I think?

Final count is 9/12 So, 75% Full on blue this time(unless you count 2 candles and marking the air cells at lockdown as red/purple).

2/2 BA's, and 7/10 Rhodebars(3 girls and 4 boys).

We ran lower and moister this time. Last time we ran high and dry. We also candled a lot more.
So, now I guess we'll have to collect more Rhodebar eggs and run a high/dry hatch to see if it was the method used or the stock that lowered our hatch rate.
Drat, and hubbs thought he was hiding the bator from me until the HRIR get here.
roll.png

We are in love, though!

I can't think of a better use for our master bath right now.

Now the eggtopsy:
Is this a drowned chick? It pipped internally, but quit after a day or so.

We had one malpositioned chick that quit after its external pip. I stayed blue in that case b/c I read that genetic issues can cause that at times.

The 3rd chick that made it to lockdown never pipped internally and the membrane was white and dry(no pics). Is that shrink-wrapped?

@sideWing , I didn't get to taking pics today, try again tomorrow.

@meganhundley , How's it going?

@E1 else,
frow.gif

I realize this is a long shot, but I found a bunch of feathers in our field today, like something had been attacked. Thankfully it wasn't any of my chickens. Hubby may have run over something mowing, but I have no idea what it might have been. Do these feathers look familiar to anyone? Most of them were only white, some had this gray/brown odd pattern coloring on them. Any ideas?

OWL I think checked on line closest bird not sure which one

Superman would look a bit happier than that, irl, I think?

Final count is 9/12 So, 75% Full on blue this time(unless you count 2 candles and marking the air cells at lockdown as red/purple).

2/2 BA's, and 7/10 Rhodebars(3 girls and 4 boys).

We ran lower and moister this time. Last time we ran high and dry. We also candled a lot more.
So, now I guess we'll have to collect more Rhodebar eggs and run a high/dry hatch to see if it was the method used or the stock that lowered our hatch rate.
Drat, and hubbs thought he was hiding the bator from me until the HRIR get here.
roll.png

We are in love, though!

I can't think of a better use for our master bath right now.

Now the eggtopsy:
Is this a drowned chick? It pipped internally, but quit after a day or so.

We had one malpositioned chick that quit after its external pip. I stayed blue in that case b/c I read that genetic issues can cause that at times.

The 3rd chick that made it to lockdown never pipped internally and the membrane was white and dry(no pics). Is that shrink-wrapped?

@sideWing , I didn't get to taking pics today, try again tomorrow.

@meganhundley , How's it going?

@E1 else,
frow.gif
SC would consider that purple...lol

This is shrink wrapped:

Owl. The long filaments make for silent flight.

Superman would look a bit happier than that, irl, I think? Final count is 9/12 So, 75% Full on blue this time(unless you count 2 candles and marking the air cells at lockdown as red/purple). 2/2 BA's, and 7/10 Rhodebars(3 girls and 4 boys). We ran lower and moister this time. Last time we ran high and dry. We also candled a lot more. So, now I guess we'll have to collect more Rhodebar eggs and run a high/dry hatch to see if it was the method used or the stock that lowered our hatch rate. Drat, and hubbs thought he was hiding the bator from me until the HRIR get here. :rolleyes: We are in love, though! I can't think of a better use for our master bath right now. Now the eggtopsy: Is this a drowned chick? It pipped internally, but quit after a day or so. We had one malpositioned chick that quit after its external pip. I stayed blue in that case b/c I read that genetic issues can cause that at times. The 3rd chick that made it to lockdown never pipped internally and the membrane was white and dry(no pics). Is that shrink-wrapped? @sideWing , I didn't get to taking pics today, try again tomorrow. @meganhundley , How's it going? @E1 else, :frow
How flippin cute! The little chipmunk stripes are just adorable. Personally, I dont think what we have seen as shrink wrapped is really the cause of death. I think its the result, instead. I believe once they die, the membrane stops being pliable, and constricts around the dead chick. Not the reverse. But that's just my theory. Congrats on the bunch of new babies!!

Back
Top Bottom