She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

My husband rigged this up on the wall last night and I'm loving it! Lol. Just something temporary to keep them in til he can build a proper cabinet. I think he needs to build another 1 soon, we've already filled this 1 up and we're still planning on getting a few more guns and bows real soon.

My husband rigged this up on the wall last night and I'm loving it! Lol. Just something temporary to keep them in til he can build a proper cabinet. I think he needs to build another 1 soon, we've already filled this 1 up and we're still planning on getting a few more guns and bows real soon.

I like it! Functional. We finally broke down last year and bought a huge 48-gun safe. TSC had Cannons on a good sale. Its a beast!
Do you both hunt? I spent 8 hours of Saturday in my concealed carry class. Now that I have the certificate, I just have to go to the court house and apply for the concealed permit. Oh, and pay another $100, of course!

I like it!  Functional.  We finally broke down last year and bought a huge 48-gun safe.  TSC had Cannons on a good sale.  Its a beast!  
Do you both hunt?  I spent 8 hours of Saturday in my concealed carry class.  Now that I have the certificate, I just have to go to the court house and apply for the concealed permit.  Oh, and pay another $100, of course!   
We've been trying to hunt but the dang hawks have scared off all the dove. There were dove weighing down the the power lines running back to our house all year til dove season came in, then... none. But bow season just came in so I'm hoping we can actually do some real hunting, hawks can't scare deer away, lol. I'm getting a bow soon, my husband's got his but he's got it set where I can't pull it back. I make a hilarious attempt but I always fails! I'm hoping to have mine within the next week or so, we've looked at a few but their all either outrageously overpriced or just not what I want. Cross bows are getting cheaper so I might go with 1 of those instead of a compound bow.

ETA: My mother in law just took a course online for $20 to get her concealed weapons permit, I'm thinking about doing that instead of going to a concealed carry class, I hate sitting anywhere for 8 hours, lol. I found the hand gun I want so now all I need is the permit! Lol
We like the Cannons too, we were thinkng about getting 1 of those, we've seen a few we like but can't decide on 1. That's why we were thinking about just building a cabinet, that way we can still see them and they're easy access. But I would like to get a safe for the more expensive guns and other stuff we have.

Last edited:
We've been trying to hunt but the dang hawks have scared off all the dove. There were dove weighing down the the power lines running back to our house all year til dove season came in, then... none. But bow season just came in so I'm hoping we can actually do some real hunting, hawks can't scare deer away, lol. I'm getting a bow soon, my husband's got his but he's got it set where I can't pull it back. I make a hilarious attempt but I always fails! I'm hoping to have mine within the next week or so, we've looked at a few but their all either outrageously overpriced or just not what I want. Cross bows are getting cheaper so I might go with 1 of those instead of a compound bow.

ETA: My mother in law just took a course online for $20 to get her concealed weapons permit, I'm thinking about doing that instead of going to a concealed carry class, I hate sitting anywhere for 8 hours, lol. I found the hand gun I want so now all I need is the permit! Lol
We like the Cannons too, we were thinkng about getting 1 of those, we've seen a few we like but can't decide on 1. That's why we were thinking about just building a cabinet, that way we can still see them and they're easy access. But I would like to get a safe for the more expensive guns and other stuff we have.

We've never hunted dove. We basically stick to squirrel, deer and turkey. But I don't think I can shoot a turkey now that I've hatched one! lol I prefer bow hunting, but am starting to get more into the rifle hunting. Cross bows just became legal here, for anyone to use. You used to need a special permit (my SIL had one, because of surgery on her arm, she was unable to pull a compound), but they finally decided to make them legal for anyone. Talk about hard to pull though! Even with those pull-string thingys, they are still tough.
And I think our state mandates an 8 hour concealed carry course. Can't do it online, but that sure would be nice! This instructor was awesome, gave us breaks every hour, and we spent about 3 hours on the range. But I'm glad I did it. Very informative, even though I have a walking, talking, gun encyclopedia for a husband lol

Quite the arsenal! A tad larger than mine. I've got a model 94 Winchester 30/30, Savage 243, .50 cal Knight M/L, model12 Win. pump 12 ga., Stevens double 12, S&W .38 Special, Win. .22 lever, & an Excalibur crossbow.

It is best to always put the Marans roo over the Am hen as the only way to tell for sure that you have the necessary blue egg gene is to check the egg layed and you can't tell for sure if the roo has the blue egg gene until you grow out a pullet from him and see her eggs... make sense?
Good logic.

We are hatching our first batch off eggs, in our incubator. We put 17 eggs in hoping to get s few. Today is day 10 and we candled the eggs. All but 1 appear to have babies in them. You can even see some of them moving. We are so excited. Day 21 happens to be my birthday so I really hope they hatch on time.
Welcome. Also:
caf.gif
waiting for more details on what you're cooking, where are they from, what you using for an oven, and what you got for a flock, how you gonna brood? Looked at heating pad brooding yet? Only way to go IMO. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/yes-you-certainly-can-brood-chicks-outdoors

Welcome to the thread and the hatching addiction!!
frow.gif

Ok, ya can't just leave us all hanging... what breeds you got cooking? Shipped, own flock or local eggs? What are you cooking them in? Still air or fan circulated? Are you going to assist if needed or let nature take its course?

C'mon, were nosy around here and want all the deets!!
big_smile.png
wink.png
"

I can't for the life of my figure out why they are painted black inside... or is it just the ones that I've seen? They should be white for easier visibility.

Check out the Excalibur line. After I went through my bout of Shingles & lost the strength in my right arm, I couldn't pull my compound, so I went with the crossbow. I specifically chose the Excalibur, on the advice of a friend, 'cause it has the recurve limbs rather than the pulleys; if you bust or want to change the string you can do it yourself, in the field if need be, rather than having to take it to a repair shop.

Back
Top Bottom