She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I'm locking down tonight. All 11 eggs I set look good. Air cells seem a tiny bit small so I haven't upped humidity yet. But hoping for a good hatch! :fl

Has anyone here ever incubated pigeons?  Look at this gorgeous fantail pigeon...

(google image, not mine, no idea who it belongs to)
1-fantail-pigeon.jpg

My grandfather has bred and raced pigeons for 30 years!! But they need a mom, literally. Mom feeds them by mouth and they are born bald and eyes closed!

I'm locking down tonight. All 11 eggs I set look good. Air cells seem a tiny bit small so I haven't upped humidity yet. But hoping for a good hatch! :fl
My grandfather has bred and raced pigeons for 30 years!! But they need a mom, literally. Mom feeds them by mouth and they are born bald and eyes closed!

Awesome! Good luck :fl

My bator is clean and being loaded for turning on tomorrow! :yiipchick

I'm locking down tonight. All 11 eggs I set look good. Air cells seem a tiny bit small so I haven't upped humidity yet. But hoping for a good hatch!
fl.gif

Hope you have a great hatch! Post pics when they arrive.

Awesome! Good luck
fl.gif

My bator is clean and being loaded for turning on tomorrow!
yippiechickie.gif

My bator is not clean yet, but I have two weeks until I'm setting again. Well it's clean - just not sterilized yet.

What are you loading it up with?

I'm locking down tonight. All 11 eggs I set look good. Air cells seem a tiny bit small so I haven't upped humidity yet. But hoping for a good hatch!
fl.gif

Good luck!!
fl.gif

Awesome! Good luck :fl

My bator is clean and being loaded for turning on tomorrow! :yiipchick

That's awesome! I read you're setting 3 dozen quail? How many of your silkie eggs? And how are the quail chicks doing? Do they grow as fast as chicken chicks?

Hope you have a great hatch!  Post pics when they arrive.

My bator is not clean yet, but I have two weeks until I'm setting again.  Well it's clean - just not sterilized yet.

What are you loading it up with?

Thanks! I did the same with the octagon 20 after my last hatch. I rinsed it out but didn't disinfect it until yesterday! I ordered a new hygrometer and that zorb fabric stuff. I'm starting experiments with humidity this weekend!

Good luck!!  :fl

Thanks, Amy!

Thanks! I did the same with the octagon 20 after my last hatch. I rinsed it out but didn't disinfect it until yesterday! I ordered a new hygrometer and that zorb fabric stuff. I'm starting experiments with humidity this weekend!

Can't wait to read how your humidity experiments turn out! I also want to see pictures of the zorb and get your impression of it.

Back
Top Bottom