She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I have my first broody, too, and am sooooo excited.
We candled them all last night and 8 of the 9 were all alive.
wee.gif

We saw them moving and they had good air cell development.
You have beautiful blue eggs, what kind of chicken is that? We have Cream Legbars that give us blue eggs.
Wishing you best of luck with your first clutch!!!

I have my first broody, too, and am sooooo excited.
We candled them all last night and 8 of the 9 were all alive.  :weee
We saw them moving and they had good air cell development.  
You have beautiful blue eggs, what kind of chicken is that?   We have Cream Legbars that give us blue eggs.  
Wishing you best of luck with your first clutch!!!

Yay!!! That's awesome! These are from BBS Ameraucanas. :)

I also candled the eggs KC is sitting on. 5 of 8 developing, tossed the other 3.

How are you going about getting the eggs out from under the hen to candle? I tried, wore some gloves so she didn't get me but my hen was so upset by me trying to do it I was afraid she or I would bust an egg so I stopped. It was also her first time being broody, so maybe thats why she was so upset? Anyway they have hatched already last week, and we have 3 little chicks.

How are you going about getting the eggs out from under the hen  to candle? I tried, wore some gloves so she didn't get me but my hen was so upset by me trying to do it I was afraid she or I would bust an egg so I stopped. It was also her first time being broody, so maybe thats why she was so upset? Anyway they have hatched already last week, and we have 3 little chicks.

I do it late at night, just pick her up and move her over one nest and put her back when I'm finished. None of my girls have been aggressive whilst broody so far. The just sit and stare or sleep. No gaurd instinct in them. They barely even growl a warning if I'm handling their bubbies.

Back
Top Bottom