She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Final hatch results:
30 eggs set
17 showing development at day 9
16 locked down
2 DIS
1 drowned in incubator
13 chicks in brooder.

They are adorable! What kind are they? Congrats on your hatch. :)

Congrats sjturner! That's quite a few not fertile to begin with, but your end rate is great!

One of my silkie/cochin mixes, only one of six that came out with 5 toes like its silkie mother is showing signs of being frizzled now. Does that make it a sizzle?

I am allergic to the ant bites. The dampness is so the birds don't over heat. My mom had a better idea that I am going to try. She told me to take bottles of water in contanior. Juice bottles fill with water. Old milk cartons plastic or cartons. Fill every thing with water. Put in freezer . And lay it out for the birds and ducks. Intell I can get a fan/ evaporative cooler mister. It's state law. Any animal outside needs a mister/ cooler / fan out doors. Something to cool them all down.

Congrats sjturner! That's quite a few not fertile to begin with, but your end rate is great!

One of my silkie/cochin mixes, only one of six that came out with 5 toes like its silkie mother is showing signs of being frizzled now. Does that make it a sizzle?

A sizzle has frizzled feathers, and silkie feathers, rather than frizzled feathers with plain feathers at the wing tips.
Most of my frizzles have the blue ears and 5 toes, so I'm hoping some if not all have the silkie feather gene and passed it on.

Last edited:
I can't take the antihistame ( Benadryl or other) and be here alone. My mom or partner have to be here. It would be safe for the animals me or my son.

Moisture in the air breeds bacteria and can get all the birds very sick. As a kid I had a water mister in the coop and lost all my birds...lesson learned.
Moisture is a danger indoors for them. Air movement helps, a steady supply of drinking water, and outdoors shade, more drinking water and in the shade there are spots for them to dig into the dirt to find a cool spot. I haven't lost any to the Carolina heat yet doing it this way...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom