She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    We talked about it on our boat trip last week. The guy that took us out said redfish were awesome there, so we will probably try that next time!

2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY

You've got me thinking about that little chicken now!! That's the thing...he won't get better if he stays with my neighbor! My heart breaks for some of the animals over there. He doesn't treat his animals with medicine. (They thrive or die....sounds familar). Eye infections, foot infections, bright red, bare-back hens. If I took him, I'd have to keep him in a seperate cage and what? Order eye medicine for him online?

That sounds awesome! Have you ever gone crabbing?

3. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm sorry! LOL How bad is it? What's wrong with his eye? If you could keep him separated for a bit, he could probably heal on his own, or maybe a simple saline wash or something you already have on hand. But how would he be around the rest of your babies? I guess chicken math gets the best of some people, but its sad when the conditions are less than good.

I'd love to go crabbing!!

4. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Too. Hard. To. Quote. And. Delete. On. Mobile.

WV: that frizzle is gorgeous! I want! :D

Ruby: were you thinking iridescent? The green shimmers in the feathers?

1 person likes this.
  5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    haha thanks! I'm probably giving him cross-eyes with all the pics I take of him! He's such a doll baby.

6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I love how genetics work.

Yes.....he is so right!

We always make a day of fishing and private beach going.....its awesome and fun.

7. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    That would be perfect!

8. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I love blue crabs, but I don't catch them in the little nets that you see people using on the piers. We will set two or three big pots in the river, then come back and get them the next day.
    My favorite thing about SC is shrimping. SC is the only state that will let you set bait for them, and it's only from mid September-early November. You set a line of ten poles in the water, drop bait patties around those poles, then go back and throw a net over the bait. It's a ton of fun. You can fill a 48 quart cooler, the limit, in 2 hours or less on a good night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  9. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I'm in the majority and LOVE Mr Frizzle!! The black one is like my black one. Mine is my favorite out of the Easter hatch. If I even walk over to the gate she will fly up put of the run and onto my shoulder. If she is on the ground looking up at me I'll hold my arm out and she flies right up on it. She's such a sweet heart (when she's not trying to peck my eye out. [​IMG])

Hey, we have the Adirondacks!

10. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yes, but you have way more New Yoahkas [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by