She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

But do you know who Hacksaw Jim Duggan is? I had a lot of money on you, but Queenie broke the house
lau.gif

For anyone interested in free lumber, I'm on my way to check out a new supplier. The local Ducati dealer posted motorcycle shipping crates in the free stuff section on CL. I will give an update in about an hour...

Great thinking! We have a couple of motorcycle/ATV dealers locally. Now a Can-Am crate would be really big...like a snowmobile crate.

Well I've now candles the rest of the eggs. Not sure if all the silkie eggs are developing but a couple are clear enough to see the viens and some are too dark to see into. But at least there are no definite duds at this stage( although I don't think the broken ara egg has much chance) so I'm still looking likely to get 29 chicks on 31st or 1st

Last edited:
Well I've now candles the rest of the eggs. Not sure if all the silkie eggs are developing but a couple are clear enough to see the viens and some are too dark to see into. But at least there are no definite duds at this stage( although I don't think the broken ara egg has much chance) so I'm still looking likely to get 29 chicks on 31st or 1st
Sweet :thumbsup

I have now candled 20 out of my 30 eggs . 100 % seem to be developing so far. Hard to tell in some of them. Just the silkie eggs left to check. They are the first run from my birds so it will be good if they Develop and hatch
Good luck on your hatch!

I thought I would have been smacked for that one!!!
lau.gif
Just wait until you turn 50 - that will smack you enough once you remember what you once posted on BYC long, long ago!
gig.gif

Um, there's a drinking age in Mexico?...whoops!

Seriously, I'm a good mommy now but I seriously should have been 6 ft under x 12!!

There is, but I never saw it enforced. Didn't say I was 18 then.............

hu.gif
. good mourning all . I'm like 25 pages behind go figure .First thing I'm hatching this morning but what's new its Saturday and I hatch every Saturday . maybe this one will end up with some live ones. so far 2 EES and 1 SLW 4 more piped .Its amazing anything is hatching at all with this heat and humidity . I've tried the moisture remover it's gone over night . the charcoal is just for odor It has no value other than that . what draws the moisture is CALCIUM CHLOIDE THIS CAN BE VERY DANGROUS BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU USE THIS ,DO NOT LET ANY TOUCH YOUR SKIN OR ALLOW IT TO BE EATEN BY ANYTING. IF INGESTED IT WILL KILL ANY TISUSE IT COMES IN CONTACT WITH IN THE CRYSTAL FORM. this product lowered the humidity in my incubator 10% but only lasted overnight and I had to make a special tray to put it in and have decided its not worth the trouble. I don't think anything can over come this humidity until the summer heat leaves but I'm still thinking about how to do it . On a happier note my wife lost her job so she is here for day watch till she gets another
barnie.gif
not a bad thing just supposed to be my turn. Instead I'm loading the work calendar again. I love this thread. I get to see comedians pole dancers chefs pictures of places I can't go .The way I see it we have several America's got Talent contestant's . It reminds there is life out there. my life right now is nonstop work on the job and weekend work at home . love Tequila don't miss the headache but can't get the frosted bottle with the worm any more so what's the point. I've been trying to get good video of dark Marans on day 7and 14 the problem is they get lighter at the end of the cycle .and the hens don't listen when I say need darker eggs. I must get back to work hope to be able to relax some tis evening maybe I ramble more then.
frow.gif
Always nice to to see your rambling! Ramble away.. that's what we are here for. I was the one who was supposed to retire but after we moved, I got a part-time job offer I couldn't refuse. DH is the one going nuts - he'll probably look for a job in the fall or try to pick up more landscaping jobs.

So I just had my first unauthorized episode of chicken math. I have a broody that just wont break - even after cool baths, wire cage for 2 days, etc. So I went to the local poultry swap and picked up 4 OE eggs (BCM x Blue Ameraucana). Eggs are a very nice true blue. Saw pictures of the parents and another pullet she had that was a product of the same parents. Looked exactly like a black Ameraucana except for feathered legs.

Betty went broody last year and I was able to break her pretty easily. This year she is much more determined to hatch that golf ball so I caved in and we'll see if she can hatch these eggs. Am planning on following the blue method and maybe only candle them around day 10 to pull the quitters, but they have only been under her 30 minutes and I already want to check them!!

So I just had my first unauthorized episode of chicken math.  I have a broody that just wont break - even after cool baths, wire cage for 2 days, etc.  So I went to the local poultry swap and picked up 4 OE eggs (BCM x Blue Ameraucana).  Eggs are a very nice true blue.  Saw pictures of the parents and another pullet she had that was a product of the same parents.  Looked exactly like a black Ameraucana except for feathered legs.

Betty went broody last year and I was able to break her pretty easily.  This year she is much more determined to hatch that golf ball so I caved in and we'll see if she can hatch these eggs.  Am planning on following the blue method and maybe only candle them around day 10 to pull the quitters, but they have only been under her 30 minutes and I already want to check them!!

If you even touch eggs under a broody you are so not a blue

:smack

Last edited:
So I just had my first unauthorized episode of chicken math.  I have a broody that just wont break - even after cool baths, wire cage for 2 days, etc.  So I went to the local poultry swap and picked up 4 OE eggs (BCM x Blue Ameraucana).  Eggs are a very nice true blue.  Saw pictures of the parents and another pullet she had that was a product of the same parents.  Looked exactly like a black Ameraucana except for feathered legs.

Betty went broody last year and I was able to break her pretty easily.  This year she is much more determined to hatch that golf ball so I caved in and we'll see if she can hatch these eggs.  Am planning on following the blue method and maybe only candle them around day 10 to pull the quitters, but they have only been under her 30 minutes and I already want to check them!!

I hope she stays on them for you! Can't wait to follow this one!

Back
Top Bottom